Hydro-Foil

slaydown

Hey Guys,
I wondering if anyone has any knowledge on Hydro-Foils. I have a Suzuki 100 that is a slow up to plane with the boat loaded (4 stroke kicker and more than 2 guys)and am thinking of getting either the stingray or SE Sport.
Thanks for any replies,
Cheers

I put one on my Hewes with a 115 and it helped. It does help getting out of the hole I did have to trim up alittle before I punched it for best results.

hewesonthefraser.jpg

I had the same problem so I put one one it helped a little put when I had trouble was when in bigger seas I was going to fast for a comfy ride so the only way I solved it was I put trim tabs. and it cured it 100 % can go real slow in ruff water planes real quick fully loaded. that is the best solution, never buy another boat with out them

Yes, its been discussed a few times here before. I got one of the Stingray no-drill types and it was fantastic. Installs in 5 minutes and if you don't like it, no holes left in your engine.

TenMile
<'((((><

I just put a Stingray XRP III on my 23'er w/a 200 Yamaha. The boat does not have trim tabs and now it does not need them. I don't believe I am getting all the purported benefits but, the boat does ride smoother and gets on plane faster. Plus this 'fin' is a no drill and only takes a couple of minutes to install. Less than $200.

I have bought a couple boats with them already in both cases I fixed the problem with a little weight redistribution and then had no need for them. The boat I am doing right now also came with one installed but probably will be taking that one off too

Trim tabs, this is the best way as you can adjust each of them to change not only nose pitch, but side pitch-- when you have the fat assed guy sitting on the other sie and the boat runs closer to the water on his side

HPIM1274-1.jpg

Back