Hunting Raingear Recommendations

Corey_lax

Crew Member
Looking for some hunting raingear recommendations. I'm not looking to spend over a grand on Sitka gear. Maybe try to keep it around $500. Has anyone tried the Under Armour hunting gear?

I'll be hunting Princeton and Cranbrook most likely so something fairly warm would be good.

Have the UA Goretex bib pants for winterfishing. Three seasons of moderate usage and they still keep me warm and dry with minimum maintenance. Good bang for the buck IMO.

Have the UA Goretex bib pants for winterfishing. Three seasons of moderate usage and they still keep me warm and dry with minimum maintenance. Good bang for the buck IMO.
Yeah, I have those for fishing as well. They are good other than the hole that I punched into it on the first weekend.
I have the Under Armor its been pretty decent
The camo stuff or the fishing stuff?

I have a fair bit of Rivers West gear and would replace it with more of the same. It’s nice and quiet compared to alot of other gear. I have a jacket and bibs I bought in 2005 that get worn probably 20-30 days a year. For 10 years all I did was was wash and the waterproof was 100% . My only complaint is if you decide to walk through deep puddles / creeks ect, water can wick up the inside of the pants.

I wouldn't spend money on hunting specific gear. Nothing has kept me as dry as Patagonia. For under 200 bucks you can get an amazing jacket(torrent shell) and the pants are around 100$. I usually just end up putting the jacket on and my sitka pants dry fast if they get wet, which they always do. I'm hunting Moose next week, this is what I'll be bringing.

Personally, I run the Kuiu Yukon jacket and pants when sheep hunting. It’s tough as nails and has kept me bone dry in some nasty conditions. Caveat…$1,105 for the set currently. I bought a number of years ago before price went up. They usually have a Black Friday sale.

I already got an $800 simms jacket that doesn’t get used enough, I don’t need more super expensive jackets that don’t get used enough haha. Looking for under $500 for pants/bibs and a jacket that is quiet and meant for hunting. Or I’ll just keep using my helly Hanson stuff that is pretty quiet, lightweight, and green

I have no idea how decent this stuff is, but the price is right

Back