Humbolt squid

Gunsmith

Reading Canada's Outdoor Sportsman for Jan. and Feb.in the article Attack of the giant squid, the author claimed that a diver off Nanaimo was attacked by several squid and dragged to the depths where he drowned.
I cannot find anything to verify this as true, has anybody heard about this or should I file this publication along with the other garbage rags you see a the grocery counter?[:0]

IMG_1445.jpg

I would have thought that as a hunting and fishing publication that they would be more careful about "chicken little" stories.
Then again fishermen and gals do stretch the truth a little.[:I]

IMG_1445.jpg

No schit Sherlock![8D]
quote:Originally posted by Barbender

You mean the media might actually hype a story with false facts?

IMG_1445.jpg

Discovery Channel did a story about the Humbolts off the Baja Peninsula in Mexico. They said that divers have been dragged down, but it was a very rare occasion. The Humbolts down there were also much larger than the ones up here (up to six feet).

quote:The Humbolts down there were also much larger than the ones up here (up to six feet).

Many I have heard of are 5+ feet so six feet is nothing if ask me. I want some more in my freezer. But on the other hand I don't want them here at all. But they are tasty.

Might change your mind about skinny dipping at night.[:I]

IMG_1445.jpg

Back