Hows the weather.

walleyes

Crew Member
Holy crap how are all you guy's out there holding up in that weather you are having on the south coast.. Just been watching it on the news it looks wild...Lets hear some stories,, I know it's probably a domb quest but has anyone been out on the water in this crap,,,maybe some comercial guys can give us a story...

Getting a good clean out of the gills and excercise of the flippers !
Was going to go out prawning today but the wind is brutal in the narrows and up satellite channel , I'm OK for flooding issues as my house is on the side of a mountain and has a solid rock base , but others in the low lying areas and river flood plains are in deep crap.

AL

it`s the west coast , we don`t live in a sun forest. lol . ya 2 me it`s just another start 2 winter . love the west coast . tight lines scotty

Pretty bloody ugly here in Sooke still.(51 knots @ Sherringham right now)- Of all the nights to try to smoke some salmon![:I]
Hope my indian candy doesn't get blown across the lawn.(little cheif)

Finally got my internet back an hour ago. It was less that a month ago that I posted that the Oyster River was at the lowest levels I've seen.
Now, it's almost over the banks and has some class five standing waves visable from the highway![:0]
Beach was blown over the highway 19a last night just south of Campbell River and logs for as far as ou can see in the straits.
Still pounding with rain but didn't get the weather that Port Alberni ot the south Island got. (P.A. was over 5 inches yesterday)
More to come this weekend.
Doesn't bode well for this years brood stock as it looks either to be flushed out or covered by sand and silt.
Thankfully I have great drainage but the neighbors house is flooded.
Still better than living on the prairies. (Go Green Machine)

Heard on island report last night of 9 meter sea's off ucaulit,,, man would I like to see that..
Not from my boat but from shore crashing on bank....

aYup, Ol' Port sure got smoked by that one!!
So much water running down 3rd Ave, I coulda run the Dream Weaver right through town!! Power's been on and off like a mad thing ever since the storm started. Unfortunately more off than on at our end of town! Back for the moment, but we ain't holding our breath it will stay that way!!

Ratfish on FishBC posted some pix that tell the tale:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ratfish/sets/72157594378283233/
SPOOKY!

And Yup, the Stamp is unrecognizeable still! HUGE, brown and ugly fast! Can't help but think this is gonna wipe out a LOT of salmon redds. Sucks! Gonna be some new holes to search for soon, she's gotta be changing quickly under that awesome flow regime!

Was out in the bush yesterday afternoon. Trees down everywhere, and many many roads scoured or washed right out! Gonna be a while before she's cleaned up methinks!

Trying to stay dry...
Nog

Glad your still keeping relatively dry, there Nog.
I was planning on being out your way Sunday for the boys soccer tourney, but have cancelled due to road conditions and showing up in a disaster zone playing soccer seems to me, to be in bad taste.
I too fear that my little river will be impacted as well.

Back