How is Renfrew?

Merrittboy

Havent seen any reports on Renfrew lately, has everything stopped out there. Heading out in November but not to fish!

I don't think you'll hear anything from Renfrew anymore. The marina is now closed so everyone has pulled out. Other than the odd guy trailering for the day and lauching at the indian launch...well...they're not talking.
Besides, the winter storms have started to hit the coastline with increasing regularity.

I don't think you'll hear anything from Renfrew anymore. The marina is now closed so everyone has pulled out. Other than the odd guy trailering for the day and lauching at the indian launch...well...they're not talking.
Besides, the winter storms have started to hit the coastline with increasing regularity.

So isnt the weather just as bad in the Sooke area? I would think that it gets hit with same systems, is it protected more?

So isnt the weather just as bad in the Sooke area? I would think that it gets hit with same systems, is it protected more?

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

Stormy and wet and wavy. Probably pretty good, but why put up with Renfrew weather and remoteness when Sooke and Victoria are about to come on for winters!
they're heeeere....
Got a nice scrappy 9lber off Clover on Sunday
deep, 145' on the downigger

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

Stormy and wet and wavy. Probably pretty good, but why put up with Renfrew weather and remoteness when Sooke and Victoria are about to come on for winters!
they're heeeere....
Got a nice scrappy 9lber off Clover on Sunday
deep, 145' on the downigger

Back