how do you post photos

pescador

I know this has been posted before, but, search function doesn't seem to pull up the thread, and, instructions I see aren't clear. I've got a Mac, is that the issue?

Simply upload your pics to your computer, then go to the long bar on the far right of the forum
quick reply. you should see an "image " prompt which is not very clearly identified.
click on it and you will get a box asking to upload file from your computer.
browse your computer files until you find the picture you want, then click upload.

or this old way that i use still lol

fd

First , I am not the greatest with computers , I will do my best to explain this , It’s quite easy !! I would like to return the favor of a few members helped me how to post images on our forums. There may be other Photo Sharing Hosts you may use , I use PhotoBucket , It’s Easy and Free . First , Google , “ PhotoBucket , open a account , Username and password required , but FREE !!! When Done , # 2 , Go to “ Upload Images “ select the picture size to Large , 640 x 480 , # 3 , Left click “ Upload Images “ this will open a new window , “ My Computer “ , select the folder with the image( s ) you would like to Upload , double left click on that image , when done , takes a few seconds , scroll down to the bottom of that page , select “ Save and Cont “ *** You do NOT need to Tag your Photos. The image is now in your Album . # 4 Copy and Paste , at the bottom of the image, there is a IMG Code , right click on that , should say “ Copied “ # 5 Now back to the forum, right click , paste it on your reply or thread ... done......

Cheers , FD

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also upload photo's from your computer if you don't want to use a photo sharing host (e.g. Photobucket). Just click on "Go Advanced" and type in your message and then a little lower on that same screen click on "Manage Attachments" and on the next page at the top you will see "Upload Files from your Computer".

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also upload photo's from your computer if you don't want to use a photo sharing host (e.g. Photobucket). Just click on "Go Advanced" and type in your message and then a little lower on that same screen click on "Manage Attachments" and on the next page at the top you will see "Upload Files from your Computer".

testing pic, it worked thanks AIK

Attachments

• tomic 50.jpg
    tomic 50.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 30
I'll give it a shot tonight. Thanks guys....

Photobucket in my mind is by far the easiest and you have them all stored for your own files.

Once the pics are loaded to photobucket you will see an IMG code associated with the pic, just copy that and paste it into the box in your post/thread.

Photobucket is great as you can create folders to keep your online photos somewhat organized. If you have trouble drop me a line tomorrow.

im not sure if its me or a mac thing but I dont have any options in my reply tool bar other then 'font' and 'size' where there are usually options for img insert ect. I just used TinyPic.com to upload a pic. didnt feel like giving imageshack my email addy which they never used to ask for, worked fine. also handy just found this click on the 'BB Code' bottom left, gives you all codes for inserting changing posts

use these on each side of ....
Color
[color]
Size
[size]
Font
[font]
Highlight
[highlight]
Left / Right / Center

Indent

Email Linking

URL Hyperlinking
[url]
Thread Linking
[thread]
Post Linking
[post]
Bulleted Lists / Advanced Lists
[list]
Images
[img]
Videos
[video]
Code
[code]
PHP Code
[php]
HTML Code
[html]
[quote]
Stop BB Code Parsing
[noparse]
Attachment
[attach]
Signature Picture
[sigpic]​

When you click reply.....you need to also hit "go advanced".

The icons still don't show up as they haven't for over a year but if you move your cursor over them you'll find the one for images.

ALK's instructions worked for me perfectly. I'd prefer the direct download to hosting in my view. Thanks for input and help guys.

Back