How do I license animal antlers and mounts for sale, in BC

Striper Sniper

I have a very extensive collection of antlers and mounts that are the results of my Grandfather, father and myself hunting from the 1930s to present day. I am currently approaching 72 years of age and plan on leaving the collection to my daughter who is not really into this stuff….. Soooooo, I would like to have them licensed for sale for her for the day that I have to hang up my gun, forever….
This includes No. 20 Stone sheep in the world, No.79 Bighorn Seep and an 8’ Grade A Narwhale tusk (I have the permit for the Narwhal) and many, many Whitetail and Mule deer antlers/mounts, several that score well into the Boone & Crocket book but never registered…..
I spent my life in Alberta and am not familiar with the proper process to take and any helpful information will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance. This is not an urgent matter but I want to start the process now.

You will need an original tag for each in order to do what you want (sell).
PM for more info...

BTW I'd be interested in the Narwhal Tusk as that is one of the few things I regret not collecting while in the Arctic...

Cheers

I have a mounted Buffalo head from my late father that I would like to sell, it’s 25 years old and we have not found any paper work for it. How would I go about selling it? What kind of value would it have?

You will need an original tag for each in order to do what you want (sell).
PM for more info...

BTW I'd be interested in the Narwhal Tusk as that is one of the few things I regret not collecting while in the Arctic...

Cheers
Thanks Nog but nothing is for sale, my daughter will have to deal with these….. I posted a picture of it given your interest.
1716077929305.jpeg

You should be able to get permits from front counter bc. If you dont have historical licenses, they should still be able to permit the stuff so you can give it away or sell it. I believe a signed affadavit is all that is required.
Just realized you have stuff from other jurisdictions, I imagine those have their own process.

Best get the info straight from the ministry.

Yes. My late father has a large set of moose antlers back in MB which I am trying to have the mount redone and get them to my sister in law. I was put in touch with a CO in Wpg and he laid it all out for me; may be something similar to here. First question was "do you have your Dad's license".....I do not as this big butt moose was shot back in the mid-80's but I was with him. He sent me a 'Permit to Possess Dead Wildlife" application to which I had to send in with a $10 processing fee. This may be just because we want to use a taxidermist in Wpg and they can't accept anything even if it's 30 years old without a license.

Back