How big is 'yer tank?

17.5' lifetimer cc, podded. 120 ltr, 90 hp yamaha, not sure the weight

enough for 2 trips to swiftsure, but I always start full.

2825 Kingfisher, 160 Gallons - 605 Litres
Usually feeling nervous heading for the fuel dock because the gauge says it's running on fumes, hope I make it.
Make it, feel releived.
Start fueling, feeling fine, thinking of getting back out after Charlie.
About 1/3 fueling, feeling uneasy about how long it will take, how much it will cost.
About 1/2 way, silently weeping over the fuel bill.
By 3/4 feeling resolute, its only money and we're going all the way to the top.
Finish off, feeling great. It's only money.
Walking up to pay, back to feeling nervous, hoping Visa will say Yes...

Ditto! Wolfcraft 30' 700+ ltres need a Brinks truck every time I pull into the fuel dock!
2825 Kingfisher, 160 Gallons - 605 Litres
Usually feeling nervous heading for the fuel dock because the gauge says it's running on fumes, hope I make it.
Make it, feel releived.
Start fueling, feeling fine, thinking of getting back out after Charlie.
About 1/3 fueling, feeling uneasy about how long it will take, how much it will cost.
About 1/2 way, silently weeping over the fuel bill.
By 3/4 feeling resolute, its only money and we're going all the way to the top.
Finish off, feeling great. It's only money.
Walking up to pay, back to feeling nervous, hoping Visa will say Yes...

2359 trophy, 25 overall length and 5300 lbs dry, 90 gallon tank. Expecting way better milage with my distributor replaced, cruise at 28 mph at 3800 rpm on average. Full tank be distributor was a run from false creek over to silva bay, run all over between trasher and entrance fishing for the weekend, run back to false creek and usually be left with 1/4 tank.

Have a Campion 622 WA (21.5 ft.) with a 200 Optimax. My tank is 70 US gallons I believe - 270 litres. This is adequate to go to offshore banks if I want. I can cruise at 7.0 US gal./hr at 3400 rpm which will do ~27-28 mph. under ideal conditions - pretty well 1 litre per mile at ideal cruise.

...Rob

17' Harbercraft, 35 gallons/135 litres, 1350-1500 lbs loaded. First big trip with it out of Ukee fished the inside banks (South, Lighthouse, Turtle's Head) in the morning and the Sound in the afternoon (Great Bear, Red Can, Chrow) four straight days and gauge was still telling me more than half a tank left. Topped up to be safe and only needed 85 L.

Cheap gas bill has it's trade-offs as I'm small out there so am super paranoid about the weather and wave forecasts - checking multiple times night before, morning of and constantly while out there. Wears on you after a few days for sure.

Ukee

24 ft Wellcraft 252 Coastal.and Yammy F250, 530 litres of fuel. I don't have fuel management but think I'm getting between 2.5 and 3 mpg. I cruise between 4300-4500 rpm.

2502 Trophy holds 790 liters of fuel. I very seldom run with more than 1/2 tank unless heading out to Winter Harbour. Flow meter on my e-tecs tells me exactly how much fuel I have burned

350 US Gallons...gasp...cough.....choke....

wow there are some thirsty boats out there!!

How come fishing derby's don't have sponsors like Shell, and Chevron!? It sounds like they are the biggest benefactors to this sport lol
Interesting numbers, but I think so far Fish Magician is taking the longest at the pumps!

21.5 tyler boat catamaran 4300 lbs dry duel 136l fuel tanks total 272L

I figured that cat would have a little bigger tanks. What do you expect for range?

I have some specs from another cat With same power but a little heavier. My boat will be less aero dynamic so will have to wait and see. At 25mph 4500rpm it should be burning 8.3g and that will give it a range of 225miles. If I would slow down to 21mph it would have a 262mile range. I have suzuki smis gauges with fuel management system so that should help. If fuel is a issue I have a 50g tidy tank I could throw on the bow if I had to I guess. I only do a couple long runs a year most of the time on Okanagan lake I will run less then 9 miles and then troll back.

A liter of gas actually only weighs 1.6755 lbs according to google. That makes me fell better running around with full tanks most of the time. 2359 Trophy / 325 l

Back