Hourston docking lights

persistent

Hey guy’s,

My 20’ hourston has the Morse docking lights in the bow, any idea where replacements can be purchased? I can’t find anything online. I’m not crazy about them, but the housing is breaking down and going to leak. Replacing the lights is going to be easier than glassing over the holes.

Hey guy’s,

My 20’ hourston has the Morse docking lights in the bow, any idea where replacements can be purchased? I can’t find anything online. I’m not crazy about them, but the housing is breaking down and going to leak. Replacing the lights is going to be easier than glassing over the holes.
Cant help yah but can you Throw some pics of the rig up :)

My buddy also has them in his hourston and someone had for sure taken cracks at resealing. It's in storage until June unfortunately so I can't say what brand they are.

Wow great rig! What did you use for the non skid up front?

When my buddys boat is back in June I can have a look at his docking lights for sure. He's of the opinion of having them removed...I looked at another island runner recently and they were leaking 100% without attention and doing damage.

Nice boat. The 1st thing I noticed was the non-skid on the bow looks great. I desperately need that. Last year I went butt over tea kettle and whacked my foot on the railing.

I know rigid LED made lights like this as well? Try googling them. Repairing and colour matching that blue is next to impossible so new lights or just sealing those ones up well is the best choice.

Does that thing have a sun roof??

Nice boat. The 1st thing I noticed was the non-skid on the bow looks great. I desperately need that. Last year I went butt over tea kettle and whacked my foot on the railing.

I know rigid LED made lights like this as well? Try googling them. Repairing and colour matching that blue is next to impossible so new lights or just sealing those ones up well is the best choice.

Does that thing have a sun roof??
The nonskid is something the previous owner had done, it looks good from far, but its far from good! its like 20 grit sandpaper. Yes, it has a factory sunroof!, my buddy has a 17'Hourston with the same thing, apparently it was an option from the factory? I'm doing a mini refit, not as extensive as the euro transom but its a start, full electrical overhaul. I only have a 150 outboard on it, hope to bump that up to a 200 or 225 next year. thanks for the lead on rigid lights I will google them. The only some similar lights I have been able to find I are $667 on amazon, that will go a long way to having those holes glassed over. I know that color match will be impossible, If I go that route I would probably have the boat vinyl wrapped. I bought the boat last year and haven't even had it out other than the quick sea trial.

I was trying to find those lights, found a site with something close https://www.boatid.com/hull-lights.html

I'm sure the 150 pushes her okay, it's a 2 stroke after all so lots of torque. A 200 or 225 merc would be nice in the future ;)

i don't know how i feel about the vinyl wrapping. I wonder how hard it is to fix scratches? And what happens when you need to replace it is there a residue? What is the cost? To spray Gelcoat on a 20ft hull would take a weekend with sanding and masking and shooting. Another weekend to sand and polish out. Hulls are so easy to do since they are more or less flat. It all boils down to how much the wrap and its longevity. That being said the blue looks pretty decent maybe better off to pay someone to get close with a spot repair and save $ for that 200hp. That's what i'd do most likely.

Noted on the nonskid. I'm going to try this stuff on my pod.. it's less aggressive. If it works nicely on the pod, I will do my bow like yours. https://www.harbourchandler.ca/shop..._TgHPVKGXGnEb-_WETyboflPPkjWj-zoaAmuIEALw_wcB

Back