Hot stock tips

I'm selling everything as it comes even close to par, and throwing it on my variable mortgage hell hole. VSBY being my biggest loss to date with no recovery in sight. Scam central.
At least you got out of CBDT. I rode that garbage to the bottom. Life changing gain to a life changing loss. FML.

At least you got out of CBDT. I rode that garbage to the bottom. Life changing gain to a life changing loss. FML.
You're right, I did make a few great gains when it was good. And exited at the right time on a couple others. I guess that's how this stuff works, you end up with the last bag in your hand just looking at that one big loss.

You're right, I did make a few great gains when it was good. And exited at the right time on a couple others. I guess that's how this stuff works, you end up with the last bag in your hand just looking at that one big loss.
True story. For a year I thought about my stupidity daily, now I think about it once or twice a week. The sting goes away eventually.

True story. For a year I thought about my stupidity daily, now I think about it once or twice a week. The sting goes away eventually.
I'm just grafeul that my wife was on board with all of it at the time. I can't imagine the amount of people that made similar mistakes without their parters knowledge. I'm also a degenerate gambler, I've realized. So I have no business dealing with that kind of money, unsupervised. I see the value in money managers now!

Last edited:
To be honest the losses I've taken do not hurt as much as the misses I’ve taken.

The wife and I took a couple bad losses over the years to the tune of a little over $40,000. I can accept those, the one I can’t get over is the miss. A couple years back when energy stocks tanked there were some incredible buys out there. One comes to mind, Crew Energy. I did work for them a few years back and know their assets well, help build some of them. Solid company with good management that just got caught in the sell off. Their stock went from a solid $3.00 to $0.15. At the time things were iffy for sure but all in the industry knew darn well it was just a short thing. But I passed. We had $80,000 at the time that we were sitting on ready to apply someplace. But the wife was pretty gun shy after our losses previously and that’s understandable. Couple years later and they regularly have been trading at over $6.50. Not a day goes by I don’t think about that miss. Could have set a guy up for life.

But it is what it is, probably never get a chance like that again.

Back