Hot New Salmon Spoon!

Dogbreath

This past weekend I bought a couple Blue Fox Matrixx spoons @ Wholesale Sports to try and they proved to be an excellent product, we caught Springs, Coho and Halibut all on the same colour-HSD.

I'd read about them on a Great Lakes Salmon Forum but somehow I got the impression they'd been discontinued, not so however.

The hooks they come with are a POS but the rings are fine, you just need to change out the hooks to something like a 6/0 Mustad 95170.

I can see some of the colours in this chart becoming very popular here in BC.

bfmx2_pic2.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
freshwaterlagoonnuquicw3.jpg

Does Wholesalesports have a shop in Naniamo now? I heard that one was opening there. Whereabouts is it, if there is one?

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

I've used 'em, be carefull, they corrode and go downhill quickly in the chuck. Seem to work as well as a Coyote.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

Agree with the same action as a coyote and a slightly thicker gauge for durability. As for corrosion, can't say I've noticed this being a problem. Have caught so many fish on the holo blue shad that the paint is almost chewed off but the copper spoon itself is prime and shiny still.

quote:Originally posted by Haze

Does Wholesalesports have a shop in Naniamo now? I heard that one was opening there. Whereabouts is it, if there is one?

Its open and on the old highway near Rutherford Mall, you can't miss it

Great Post Dogbreath
HBSD + KLG also look intresting . I'll try 1 or 2 out , this week , leaving tomorrow for 5 day's.... Hope it picks up a tad...definately slowed from my sources , Nice photo of the dude passed out on top of the tinny , Classic .. Great photos...Spoke to Dean , Oh yeah , Flashers look great , stopped by the Hobby shop you recommended , Rastafarian Brothas set me up , odd , was a little foggy in there ..[:eek:)]!!...lol... too funny,,,
Cheers ....FD

IMG_3509.jpg

I've had fair success with the HRBL in 23 and 123 but find they do require a little more speed to give the right 'flick'. And whatever you do, change out the hooks!!!!!!

quote:Originally posted by Haze

4900 Wellington Road 250-729-2668

quote:Originally posted by UNKNOWN
.....I gave up on them as they get destroyed way too fast...I guess even one fish is worth the money.- UNKNOWN -
The ignorant Bee Ess as quoted is the kind of internet bunk that drags this board down, why bother posting crap like that?

Have a look for yourselves at what a Matrixx looks like after catching at least 20 Salmon, Halibut and a few Rockfish as well.

Yes it's beat up but not destroyed not even close.

IMGP0980.jpg

IMGP0982.jpg

sorry about the jam on the table it's leftover from brekkie this AM. [:eek:)]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
freshwaterlagoonnuquicw3.jpg

i went out and got the halo blue today and im going to fish it tomorrow am in the canal I will update if it was worth buying;)

Well for my 2 cents on this topic. I have an old Coyote spoon that was,white green and yellow but is now just a grey murky grey with a bit of yellow. its beat to crap and coroded a bit, and i swear it out fishes any other spoon i put in the water. So i dont think what the spoon looks like matters if it catches fish so what if its scratched. I care more about the strength or the spoon and hooks, not the paint.

-Steve

Back