Hot halibut tip!

Fishmyster

Well you all can retire your harpoons and halli hooks. No more need to hog tie or shoot oversized hallis. How many stories are out there of big fish getting away from failed attemps to land with these tactis. Often getting away with fatal inguries. The solution to conviently and safely landing these brutes.......... Alcahol! Yes that's right halubut can't handle thier boose.
A couple of friends turned me on to this crazy idea of sharing drinks with hallis. I was kinda skeptical until trying it myself. I am recovering from a bulged disc in my lower back earlier this season. Couple of days ago we hooked into an 80lb halli and I was fearing the idea of soon wrestling it on the shark hook boatside. I had remembered that a guest had left a fifth of Wisers on board. I acted quickly and altered an empty water bottle to work as a squirt jug. When the big fish hit the surface I waited for the usual halli yawn and then gave him his shooter. Within 10 seconds he was hammared. Putty in my hands and easly handlable. You all got to try this!
Many thanks to Dick and George for comming up with this great idea! They told me that rubbing alcahol also works well and is much cheeper and doesn't depleat the bar stock.
Warning! Fish will come to after a while hung over and cranky;]
Hope this is legal? Tight lines.

Good Idea we'll give it a try.
Hopefully they don't wake up with an angry attitude from their hangover :D

Don't stop reelin!

done that but the meat won't freeze up in the freezer must have shared to much rum with them flaties:D:D

RUM CHUM

I've read about people using that on nasty toothy fish-they dump it on the gills and it's game over. [xx(]

I'd say it's a pretty good deal for the fish too. Gets to spend his last minutes of his life drunk for the first time. Remember getting drunk for the first time. FUN!

And I have heard that when you **** on the Hali it will be so pissed that it cannot move anymore. :D

I don't know about you but the rye I drink costs more per lb than the halis. Ha! Funny though. May have to give that one a try one day.

The trick down here is to not get the too drunk, its a real fine line u never wanna cross. Then again there's always dave to fire them back up...;)

Pass the Pack

Back