High gas price's and fishing

I am running a 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 with a 5.3L that I tow with ...And my boat has a inboard 4 cylinder 3.0 at 18 feet.... so while my boating is OK towing is expensive... But you know what fishing/boating is about passion not about money. I drop money all over the place, and if it gets expensive that is the cost of having fun...

Maintaining a boat/towing vehicle with fuel cost is several thousands per year.... You can't understand unless you own one.... I love it so who cares about the gas.

Can't believe what I am reading. High fuel costs effect us all. Yes I will pay to fish, but only until that snow in Northern BC starts leaving, then heading for grizz, truck, quad, gear and float plane ride will be expensive. At some point something has to be dropped, I did not see a pay raise to equal increased gas costs. The hard part to swallow is barrel of oil has not changed much in a few years. I feel its only greedy oil companies and fees to cover Government officials pay raises. A fishing I will go, liking the 4 stroke 140 and 150 ltr tank right now.

HM

I kayak fish mainly because it's bit more of a challenge than my power boat but saving some money on gas doesn't hurt either.

T2

I think you guys are posting on the wrong thread, this stuff needs to be on the "excuses for not going fishing" thread. :rolleyes:

$1.09 CAD after exchange in Blaine, WA today. Took the boat across to fill it up and always fill the truck up every couple weeks down there. Well worth the time and trip.

Gas is like death and taxes IMO. I've never worried about it. It is what it is. It won't stop me from going fishing.

I will admit some days I miss my old little 16.5' Cope with the 50 Yammy four stroke on the back. Still did 30 mph and a day of prawning and crabbing out front of Nanaimo was like 10 bucks in fuel lol! That was 7 years ago.

high gas prices doesn't stop the fishing... the fish could care less the price of gas :p looking at tomorrow morning for a troll if mother nature will knock that wind down a bit .....have another virgin rod to try out :)

I may be biased to the closer fishing grounds but I'll probably fish regardless of the fuel cost, at least to a point.

Fuel prices are a consideration for boat buying. I'm looking at dory style boats like Arima's and Shamrocks (diesel) with a bit more interest. With all that money I'd save in gas I could buy suspension seats to smooth out the rougher ride?

Back