Hi-Vis Plugs....

Seafever

Since fluo green and yellow are good colors for ECVI....and they react to blacklight really well (UV)...plus the fact that Silver Horde claims that salmon tend to look upward first and cannot see "down" that well ( they brought out some plugs that have all the color on the belly instead of the top and claim they work well), I decided to combine high visibility with color also on the bellies.......

(No.....I don't have anything better to do right now......:cool::cool::eek::)!!)
The other 3 are repainted SeaFour Lures. Cop Car and Army Truck colors are always good around here too.

Before I put the fluo colors on I I put an undercoat of flat white primer.....makes the fluo "pop" much better. Then finish with a topcoat of Krylon Satin...

002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Port moody crew wants a group buy!! Those look great !!

It takes me ages just to do a few plugs....I can't do any "volume....."but here's an idea.

There is a guy in Vancouver (and I hope he doesn't have any problem with me recommending him, hopefully) on the BCFishingReports site called BigFishMike. (Saltwater Tackle forum)

He paints custom spoons and plugs all day long by the dozen......he has quite a following over there.

Maybe contact him on their site, show him a pic out of this thread and my guess is he could make you some......doesn't hurt to ask anyway.

He's got the "volume" thing down to a science........I don't......

He turns out some really good stuff.........

I think big fish mike lives in the US but I am not positive. And get in line as I am waiting for my shipment.

I think big fish mike lives in the US but I am not positive. And get in line as I am waiting for my shipment.

Mike that does the spoons lives in Utah, I know mike and speak with him regularly, he is very good. He is also doing plugs now. If you message him in BC Fishing Reports he'll answer you.

Dang Seafever - you have some great skills!!! Very nice looking. I love the spoons you made and showed in your other post too.

It takes me ages just to do a few plugs....I can't do any "volume....."but here's an idea.

There is a guy in Vancouver (and I hope he doesn't have any problem with me recommending him, hopefully) on the BCFishingReports site called BigFishMike. (Saltwater Tackle forum)

He paints custom spoons and plugs all day long by the dozen......he has quite a following over there.

Maybe contact him on their site, show him a pic out of this thread and my guess is he could make you some......doesn't hurt to ask anyway.

He's got the "volume" thing down to a science........I don't......

He turns out some really good stuff.........

Oh no.....don't start pumping the tires of BigMouthMike over here.....puhleeeeeze!!!! :p :p :p

Mike that does the spoons lives in Utah, I know mike and speak with him regularly, he is very good. He is also doing plugs now. If you message him in BC Fishing Reports he'll answer you.

I will give him credit as I have some of the VERY FIRST spoons he ever did; as a matter of fact he kept sending me spoons as he progressed and I have a pile of them. He has come a LONG way with his skills and churning out much better looking product. I can lay the spoons out he did first up until a few months back and it's like a bit of a timeline of progression. Heck....he even named a spoon the Pippen.

Don't forget that Tomic up in Gold River area will paint a plug anyway you like according to their website.

Their product would last lot longer than mine.

Back