Hello from Japan!

Fisher Taiga

Well actually I was born and raised in California but recently moved to southern Japan for temporary work and will probably stay a little longer. Just want to drop in and join the community and get to know more about fishing.

If there's anyone with experience fishing in Japan I'll be happy to learn from ya.

The most popular fish to fish in my area is the largescale blackfish. Here's a few videos I've done since fishing in Japan for the first time.

Here's one on catching my first yellowtail (?) off the concrete blocks in the city.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EDuKzdNIM40?list=UUQVIYpByC7Vel7unaTjmYZA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another on fishing mahi-mahi off the rocks.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YLBC8ly3Tb8?list=UUQVIYpByC7Vel7unaTjmYZA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And last, an introduction video I tried doing on fishing largescale blackfish off the rocks in Japan. They're usually bigger than the palm sizes ones I caught in the video. Around 30 to 60 cm are the intended targets.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dfrkJmotv3g?list=UUQVIYpByC7Vel7unaTjmYZA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Check it out if you got time to kill and not fishing :)

Nice to meet yall,
Chris

Nice Vids!
thanks for posting

If there's anyone with experience fishing in Japan I'll be happy to learn from ya.

Ummm, this is SportfishingBC

Nice to meet yall,

BC is in Canada... We don't say yall,........... sorry eh

But other than that keep the Vids coming...

[OXZt4-LTtHw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXZt4-LTtHw

And welcome.. Let see how you cook that Chit too! ;)

ahhhh Sorry, I just typed in saltwater fishing forum in the search engine and this was the first to come up. I should have read up on it first :)

Nice to meet you Chris and great vids!
just was wondering if your anywhere near fukushima or have a geiger counter for those fish? hopefully they aren't contaminated... I might be a bit leary being that close but maybe they're alright... just want you to be safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries man! Like I say, keep the vids coming.

Nothing like a little culture in here :cool:

For the next one I want to see some Japanese trout.. Salmon will do too.

No.. I want at least a pic of a Oncorhynchus masou... AKA Cherry Salmon.

It is your mission if you chose to accept it..

article-2009332-0CC7CA1D00000578-28_634x309.jpg

[h=1][/h]

BigDogEh: I live quite far from Fukushima so it's pretty safe here so far... :cool:

For the next one I want to see some Japanese trout.. Salmon will do too.

No.. I want at least a pic of a Oncorhynchus masou... AKA Cherry Salmon.

It is your mission if you chose to accept it..

[h=1][/h]

I accept! I also want to see that for myself:D

0e5c64ca39428a3329f9fb70233caa6fdeb8eecc87a7ecf75a10b5ccbf635892.jpg

I don't care if it takes till next fall...

Back