HDR (High Dynamic Range) Photos of Tahsis

Sushihunter

Tahsis.Inlet-HDR-Grunged.jpg

One of the neat things about digital SLR cameras is that you can do things with them that you could never do with a film camera.

I've been reading about HDR photography lately, and finally had a chance to shoot some photos to try it myself.

The process starts with the picture taking itself. In a nutshell, you have to take multiple photos of the same subject without moving the camera. You change only the shutter speed so that you change the exposure through anywhere from 3 to 20 photos.

Then using the magic of computer software (PhotoMatirx Pro V4) you combine all those photos into one getting the best exposure for each area of the photo.

The neat thing is that you can process the photo a hundred different ways to go from realistic to surreal. I kind of like pushing them to the extreme and here are the results from my first try at this new method of picture taking.

Jump in and let me know what you think of them.

DSC_7252And13more_BW.jpgDSC_7252And13more_grunge.jpg

These two are both HDR photos taken from the same source photos, just processed differently for different effects. One B&W, the other extreme color. There were 17 orginal photos to make these. Subject is the Airline Dock in Tahsis. Photo taken Nov. 20, 2010

Very nice Jim.
Better than the effects I used to spend hours in the darkroom trying to achieve.

Is the photomaxPro V.4 the free download version?

Thanks

Very nice Jim.
Better than the effects I used to spend hours in the darkroom trying to achieve.

Is the photomaxPro V.4 the free download version?

Thanks

Thanks.

PhotoMatrix Pro V.4 is available for purchase online. It is also available via BitTorrent for free. ;)

Back