(Hatchery) Steelhead w/ Tangerine Butter Sauce

I had some website issues for a little while. So what was to be the last blog post of 2014 has become the first post of 2015.
It's OK though, the hatchery steelhead are still running. In fact around here, we usually don't start seeing the wild fish until closer to the end of this month. That's catch-n-release action time.

It's also citrus season. I really like this recipe. I go back to it often. I've used the sauce with a lot of different kinds of fish and it's work great with all of them.

Check out the recipe and the blog post here. <---- Click action!

Steelhead Tangerine Butter Sauce.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that DOES look good. But-- I stopped fishing for steelhead years ago.. so I will try it with coho

that looks fantastic!

Would have replied to blog directly but comment form is screwed up on my Samsung.

Looks great. Have you ever tried zesting a clementine or mandarin? I've never tried but I'm guessing it doesn't really work with that super thin peel. Maybe add lemon zest if using those thin peeled citrus fruits?

Have you ever tried zesting a clementine or mandarin? I've never tried but I'm guessing it doesn't really work with that super thin peel. Maybe add lemon zest if using those thin peeled citrus fruits?

Clementines and mandarins are hard to zest with a traditional zester. But if you use a microplane, they zest rather nicely.

Back