Halibut-Closing on the 9th

Yeah, the personal quota was intended as sarcasm towards the commercial guy who solves all his industries problems by cutting sport fishery to protect his personal quota. Apparantly my post was ideotic, which is a think a juvenile way of saying he neither agrees with what I'm saying, nor can spell, or even use spell check. Ironic, calling someone idiotic when you come off as illiterate when doing it.

Sorry wstcoaster, if your family was dumb enough to buy a piece of public land from someone on the street who told you it's for sale then I have very little sympathy for your mistake. Maybe next time you purchase something you may want to check if indeed it is a sellable merchandise or just a scam. Sorry you fell for the scam this time!

a bigger scan is govt giving money to native indians; they are never satisfyed and want more; some of you people are acting the same way

no ideotic comments will solve ypur problems; )

Sorry I missed the sarcasm...BUT it was an idiotic comment to make in the first place!!! pay $260 for 10 halibut.
There are options to resolving the problem BUT the postings on this subject on this site are doing NOTHING to resolve the problem!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry for the sarcasm...BUT the idiotic comment was to suggest we pay $26 for the privilege of catching one halibut!!
There are options to resolving the problem, but the one suggested by Ziggy is not one of them!!!
Nor was it intended to be.

Sorry I missed the sarcasm...BUT it was an idiotic comment to make in the first place!!! pay $260 for 10 halibut.
There are options to resolving the problem BUT the postings on this subject on this site are doing NOTHING to resolve the problem!!
Wow, look up sarcasm or have someone explain it to you. Also if you paid $260 for the priviledge of catching ten halibut every year do your math skills not indicate to you that for example, after 10 years you'd have paid $260 for 100 halibut? Maybe re read the posts.

That is ridiculous .... It is very simply to ask a question. If you want to fishing then you have tofollow the rules, you have to pay for it. If you don't want to catch any fish, you don't have to pay for it.

No more compliant or argue etc are waste of time and energy.

Wow, look up sarcasm or have someone explain it to you. Also if you paid $260 for the priviledge of catching ten halibut every year do your math skills not indicate to you that for example, after 10 years you'd have paid $260 for 100 halibut? Maybe re read the posts.

I reread all your posts Ziggy... you said.
"Yeah, the personal quota was intended as sarcasm"
after you said
"How would this work, every recreational allowed to buy 10 tags for $260 and they are good for life? if they don't want to use them they can sell them"
And then your latest post which I can only guess was to help make sense of your earlier posts?
I guess it all makes sense to you???
Do you actually fish halibut???

That is ridiculous .... It is very simply to ask a question. If you want to fishing then you have tofollow the rules, you have to pay for it. If you don't want to catch any fish, you don't have to pay for it.

No more compliant or argue etc are waste of time and energy.

Why would u say that? Thats the problem....is guys like u(dont take it personal) that say we should just keep paying and taking it up the butt from the dfo...How is paying for halibut gonna help us? nothing is gonna change. We need to get a fair allowcation of the TAC...where does this $260 for 10 tags, for 10 years come from? 100 halibut for $260, ya right...maybe im confused and didnt read the posts right! I just dont think we should give our money to commies(or anyone) to go halibut fishing. I dont know what its gonna take to be heard, the boat parade protest didnt work, perhaps we should all go pin up on the same day and go clean our(illegal) halibut on the lawn of the parliment buildings... I dunno...Please dont take what ive said out of context......

I reread all your posts Ziggy... you said.
"Yeah, the personal quota was intended as sarcasm"
after you said
"How would this work, every recreational allowed to buy 10 tags for $260 and they are good for life? if they don't want to use them they can sell them"
And then your latest post which I can only guess was to help make sense of your earlier posts?
I guess it all makes sense to you???
Do you actually fish halibut???
Well, you got the sequence wrong and took the quotes out of context,not to mention adding mine and another posters together and attributing it all to me(nice edit). I can see how this which probably challange your limited ability to comprehend, but no problem, its clearly on par with your math skills. I normally avoid being nasty to strangers on the internet, but sometimes its tough when they cop an attitude. To answer your question yes I do fish halibut, although I don't know what business it is of yours. I'm a recreational fisherman who catches four or five a year, which is plenty for personal use and probably puts me in with the vast majorityof rec fishermen who only take what they need for personal use . How about you, you fish or just pontificate? How many halibut do you take a year, are you rec, guide or commercial fisherman? Looking forward to you answers.

Come on guys - this is starting to sound like an fishing board on the American side. You're going to screw up my stereotype that all Canadians are polite. ;)

Yes....more than enough said on this subject all brought up cause of Ziggy's original post suggesting we pay for our halibut. (still not sure if he said it tongue in cheek, but matters not!)
My wife and I are off now to enjoy a little Sooke fishing in this fine weather. Will be nice when halibut opens again and we can see some posts on halibut fishing success and techniques instead of all the bitching!
I guess we could still fish halibut if I wanted to buy some quota.....eh......

Back