H Kingfisher

I have a Honda 15hp for a kicker and for 3 years now it has been excellent!!
Good choice with the Kingfisher, I agree with the fit and finish comment, although some of the close competitors are bringing up there game in that department.
single versus twins, pro`s and cons to both, tough decision.

How do these 28's and 30's handle at the dock with a single compared to twins.

Twin Suzuki's instead of single or 300 Suzuki. A few boys on here know a few bad stories on the 350. 9.9 Yam Bullet proof

had two cranks go pop last year at harrisons cove on the 350 yam,,, this got me some more work!!

Well, went with the single 350. Just brought it in to get serviced, seemed like it was running fine. But was low on oil and further investigation revealed suspected cracked powerhead? Called Yamaha. Still under Warranty. They knew what I was going to say before I said it. Another 2 years on the Warranty. Wonder if I'll be getting a new one between now and then.

How do these 28's and 30's handle at the dock with a single compared to twins.

I have a bow thruster and I've gotten to be pretty good at putting it in almost anywhere. Would recommend the Bow Thruster to anyone on anything, makes it so easy.

If you're thinking of going for tuna, like you posted a while ago i would recommend twins. I had a major failure 31 miles offshore and was glad i didn't have to come in on the kicker

If you're thinking of going for tuna, like you posted a while ago i would recommend twins. I had a major failure 31 miles offshore and was glad i didn't have to come in on the kicker

That's the way I'm leaning. Warranty work scheduled for mid March, will figure it out by then I guess.

i have twin inboards. blew an engine coupling last fall half way through a 6 day trip to nootka sound. if i hadn't had the second engine my trip would have been done then and there. as it was we were fine with 1 engine for about 3 days... i would never depend on 1 engine and a kicker, especially if heading offshore for tuna. that's just me though.... if you stay in relatively close and just do day trips mainly might be ok... but its not a nice feling being along ways offshore with bad weather approaching and having a sick engine....

Back