Guides supporting Salmon

Doug

Do you support salmon enhancement?

D&D Fishing Charters does. In August, we donated a full day charter to the Consultants' Derby to help raise funds that the Derby generously donated to hatcheries and creeks all over Southern Vancouver Island. It's rewarding to see a stream come back to life, and for that reason, I help the Esquimalt Anglers take care of Craigflower Creek. And because Goldstream Hatchery supports Craigflower Creek, I donated $500 to help Peter and his team of volunteers at Goldstream with their work. Every dollar the Hatchery receives has the purchasing power of $10 in buying fish food, filters, HVAC systems . . . a superior return on investment.

If you are a guide, you benefit from the resource. Keep the resource going that keeps your business going. Please make a donation of time or money - or both. Some hatcheries are CRA registered charities and will give you a tax donation receipt.

We catch 'em - let's help hatch 'em!

I agree. we are the ones who stand to loose more than the average guy. We would loose both our hobby and our income if fish numbers fell to the point of long term closures. We should be proactive. There is a Victoria based whale watching company that gives $1.00 from every passenger they have on a tour. Last year they gave a cheque to the PSF for over $11,000. We should all be doing this!!

Profisher

How are the donations coming from the guides you supplied info sheets and decals too?
What is your total funds raised to date and who are the funds going too?

Back