guide licence

quote:Originally posted by wish4fish

Hey Searun, are you talking about charter insurance? I get mine for $1000/year and it includes all charters within 400 miles of the coast. I have to comply with all of the regs setout by Transport Canada for the vessels and the CO stuff, but they seemed pretty good about setting it up. I got it through the CCCU in Nanaimo.

Ditto for me, that's through Beacon.

quote:Originally posted by The Jackel

Thanks Kelly, mine is for $70,000 also, 3 mil liability, $250 deductible and it is double the cost of yours. Could be the total boat write off a couple of years ago is to blame[:p]

Maybe. I'm actually wondering how mine has been EXACTLY $1000 on the nose for the last few years, including for my old boat and the new one. Sounds like I shouldn't *****.

Thanks for the insurance tip. I've had my charter insurance through Ken's Guide Program at Coast Country Ins in Campbell River for 10 years and only one claim for an engine. Same exact coverage except 3 million liability. I need to revisit the loyalty with the guys I've been with and check out CCCU.

quote:Originally posted by searun

Thanks for the insurance tip. I've had my charter insurance through Ken's Guide Program at Coast Country Ins in Campbell River for 10 years and only one claim for an engine. Same exact coverage except 3 million liability. I need to revisit the loyalty with the guys I've been with and check out CCCU.

Would that be the old Enns Insurance? It would be disappointing if those boys aren't providing competitive insurance. We always got what we thought was good group insurance through them.

You bet Kelly remember last year 3 100ft firs fell across my grady still dealing with it they wouldnt write it off but there bitching now there over 40k in and still going strong it goes back in this week.

can you post the contact info for the charter insurance in Nanaimo...like to do some comparisons with what some of the charter fleet has now...THX

Yes that was Ken Enns at Enns insurance. He sold out and now it is called Coast Country Insurance in C.R. I had an engine claim in 1997 and they were excellent, even helped me find a killer deal on a new replacement in season. So having a reliable insurer is sometimes worth a little extra, but at double the cost I have to look at Coastal Community Credit Union (CCCU to answer fishbc) because it appears my insurance is $700 more than lastchance.

Back