Great season! Teaser heads and flashers?

merrittboy1

I am done for season, caught plenty of springs mostly in upper teens and low twenties. Was wondering what combinations people use for anchovies. Myself I have used bloody nose and gold Betsy only for last three years. Works fantastic. Never change. Share your setups!

Kinetic glow flasher with a barrel roll teaser head like bloody nose. Anchovy green brined and tweaked with garlic and anise oil.

didn’t roll bait once this year; didn’t need to.
the winner of the year for me by a landslide was a double glow flasher black body with a white glow hootchie or a white glow needle fish jammed in a white uv hootchie. this setup knocked them on both coasts.

I have now called out a few people on social media about catching their 10. It's funny the answer i got. One person was like ohhh i don't keep any i bring my buddies and they keep them. This coming from the same person posting every day on facebook that he got limits and pictures.

I have 6 on my licence this year and have not been out all that much. So my question to you all is how many out there are willing to admit they got their 10 this year and are done lol.

got 8 and am finished. Oh and betsy bullet roll with betsy flasher is my favorite.

Last edited:
I don't often fish bait, but usually bring it. Last week out of Ukee, 3 of us always had an extra bait and flasher or two ready to swap in. We had a clear red on a white glow flasher, a gold and green chrome on a plain green and silver flasher, a green glow on purple bladed gold green Gibbs guide series, and a white glow on a plain red and silver flasher. We boated 6, shook a few small teens and, lost 5, plus there were about 6 wild cohos and a few grilse and small lings to shake. Rotating them in was faster to keep fishing.
Moral of the story- the roll and boat speed and tack was more important than the colours, since they all caught well. Close to shore fishing.

Caught 6 lost 2 at Gonzales point... (Golf Course) all on 3" zingers/white body black back.. a little bit of purple glitter on the white body.
perfect herring imitation.
(1) 15# hatchery male (2) 10# hatchery female (3) 20# hatchery male (4) 27# wild female

Most of my springs this summer have fallen to fox gomame jigs, red head or the green back. Trolling, did ok with maddy flasher and herring aide or nobananas mini G.

Never bought any bait this year. Only trolled spoons, skinny G in the most popular colors all worked at one time. Flashers sort of freake me out and **** me off. Have over 100 in drawer yet always seam to gravitate back to the glow green and then glow red when chasing pinks. Kinetic green worked some this year but now only green glow. Was a great year, licence is not full, I am a weird one, got out more when C&R than I did for retention, retired so can get a winter tasty when freezer gets empty. Wont be any more fishing as best season is upon us (Hunting) starts 10 Sept so no more tidal fishing. Cant wait. Was a BS political season, but I did get to fish, sorry for all whos lives were negatively impacted.

HM

Same here bloody nose and Betsy for last couple weeks. Blood bones hootchie and green or blue blade has been good too. Winter/spring was all the chartreuse splatter back hootch and herring aide anything. 3.5” silver horde was my favourite.
Left 3 slots for winter fishin, but now it’s hunting season!

Back