Gopro downrigger cam

Looking forward to it!
I bought a gopro camera for my better half this year for xmas. WIth the thought being for diving, but it may have to make some fishing videos now as well!

ya, looks good. I'm sure it's a ton of work sorting through the footage. Cool shots of the bottom bouncing though. I'm surprised the vid was so clear down that deep.

That takes guts to hook her up to the ball and bounce! Good on ya. I get mad enough when I loose lead. If you had some time and creativity you could make a system that slides down your line when moving forward but still would float to the surface if the line ever broke. I have been meaning to give it a go but haven't had the time.

Great post! I was just about to buy one of these the other day. Anybody tried the new gopro hero 3 Black. On the website, the video is stunning. http://gopro.com/hd-hero3-cameras
There is little underwater footage, and what there is looks like it was shot surfing in the clear blue waters of Australia. I am interested in the (Pro Low-Light Performance) feature that comes with the black model. The price is $449 @ future shop. We have a new teaser head that has been killing on the winter springs in Sooke. We wanna get some footage.

Thanks for posting 44! How deep were you when you were bouncing rocks? The clarity is pretty good...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting 44! How deep were you when you were bouncing rocks? The clarity is pretty good...

That bottom structure footage was in 100ft of water. The trench is not on the charts obvs but it goes from sand bottom to the sandstone striated rock and that just happens to be where all my waypoints of fish on the GPS are!

That takes guts to hook her up to the ball and bounce! Good on ya. I get mad enough when I loose lead. If you had some time and creativity you could make a system that slides down your line when moving forward but still would float to the surface if the line ever broke. I have been meaning to give it a go but haven't had the time.
Thanks Kelly that is a great idea!!!! They make a floating back cover but I figured that wouldn't do much good with the camera bolted to a 12lb cannon ball. The new gopros have a wifi feature that allows you to exterally control the camera features as well as uploading the video wirelessly and quickly without having to take the memory card out. Im hoping to get a couple more and run one on each rigger and have a couple up on deck too! I will work on that design idea you mentioned thanks!

I have the new black package and the wireless option will likely not work through water at any depth as the range is pretty short through an air medium. Either way there are a few new options on the new model which I am pumped to try.

I have the new black package and the wireless option will likely not work through water at any depth as the range is pretty short through an air medium. Either way there are a few new options on the new model which I am pumped to try.

Yeah for sure but when you pull up your gear to check lines then you are good to go to wifi. That way you aren't fumbling around with memory cards and opening up the waterproof case and can quickly get your recent footage and even review it on the spot.

You don't need an Internet connection for the wifi to work? Even if you can't stream video when the ball is under water it wound be neat to upload your video after each pass so you can see what happened last TAC when your on your next one.

Probably miss some hits watching video out there though.

Still waiting for somebody to put a go pro in line with a spoon so we can get the full take and fight on film. Somebody get a seal or sea lion stealing their fish on that setup. SWEET!

Back