Good read

In the FOPO meeting today east coast fishers were echoing the same comments. ENGOs presents in fisheries have been growing over the last 10 years. They are often internationally funded but some are local. They are having direct meetings with the new Fisheries Minister and no minutes, notes or discussion is being provided of what she is doing or saying in them

Last edited:
In the FOPO meeting today east coast fishers were echoing the same comments. ENGOs presents in fisheries have been growing over the last 10 years. They are often internationally funded but some are local. They are having direct meetings with the new Fisheries Minister and no minutes, notes or discussion is being provided of what she is doing or saying in them

The fact that they have meetings with ENGOS members that are kept secret from the public tells us all we need to know. This is the sad state the Liberal government has brought us too.

I think its normal that a lot of face to face meetings are not public but its telling whos getting them and whos not.

the 11.10.50 mark is where you want to listen to, the DFO SR staff was replaced by ENGO members who were part of radical animal rights movements, foreign funded, bent on shutting all fishing down from coast to coast. Canada has been seriously compromised.

I think its normal that a lot of face to face meetings are not public but its telling whos getting them and whos not.

Doing The Same Thing Over And Over Again And Expecting Different Results is where Sportsfishing is now.​

And yes the groups involves have known about the ENGO meeting with the Ministers and the head of DFO in private meetings for years.

DFO set up the SFAB and never made any other group adhere to the same rules or controls.

Possibly it is time to demand ALL the other groups must meet the same requirements as the SFAB and if this is not acceptable than walk away from the SFAB and deal with DFO as the ENGO groups do?

As residents of BC we are intitled to buy tidal sport fishing licences. fact

When we buy a sport fishing licence we are allowed 10 chinook per year per licence holder. fact

What difference what time of year we retain those fish? it doesn't matter and has been proved through data collection and processing that data. How many of these 250,000 licence holders actually catch 10 chinook in a season? My guess would be a very small percentage. Its all about math. Count the fish

There are 250,000 licence holders annually in BC. fact

Salmon stamp is 6 dollars. fact

250,000 x 6 = 1,500,000

If they increased that stamp to 50 dollars per licence, if the allocation for that money was to put into enhancement and management for our fishery, I don't think the sport fleet would mind at all. When I say manage ourfishery I mean the following

Aboriginal Food fishing
Commercial fishing
Sport fishing

I think the sport fishers would gladly pay 50 per year to support their economy, lifestyle, and wellness of the watersheds. That would bring it 12 million dollars per year for that purpose.

In Alaska the commercial fleet pays a percentage of their annual catch to an association that uses that funding for management, enhancement etc. I think its 4 or 5 percent. They have good results with that. So if you combined that with the 12 million, we should be able to provide this province with proper management to allocate the 3 fisheries that represent our fisherman on this coast

I would like to also say this out loud. Dave Brown.. lots of respect for the work you put in, however you need to stop with the gill netting thing and focus on a way bigger problem. If we could manage the fishery there would be commercial openings. Right now gill nets are not the problem. The problem is management.

It is sheer math, science and collected data. Like running a business. It is a business.

Last edited:
We have cleaned up all the personal stuff and posts that were off topic. Stay on topic and keep the personal attacks out of your posts.

Back