Good dealer for trailer hitch in LML?

DanL

Thinking of adding a trailer hitch to a 2010 Toyota Tacoma to potentially tow a small boat (ie 12' aluminum). Dont have the boat yet, but am in the market and want to be ready if the right deal comes along. Load would likely never exceed even 500 lbs.

Anyone recommend a trustworthy, well priced shop in the Vancouver/LML area? Google brings up quite a few results, some names I recognize, others are smaller shops I'm not at all familiar with.

Also, any suggestions approx how much $$ I should budget for everything like hitch, ball, wiring, installation etc?

Since I'm only planning such light loads, I'm also wondering if I should just go with a bumper ball and wiring harness and DIY. Weight wise would be no problem, but the height might be too high?

Call Toyota, they have direct bolt ons and wiring kit adapters price is pretty decent

Sent from my rotary phone using tapacrap!

Sounds like you could just use a bumper mounted hitch if your rear bumper has a place to mount a ball

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've decided to just use a bumper ball for now which should be more than sufficient to at least get a new purchase home safely. I'll look at a proper hitch after I acquire the boat & trailer.

I dont mind paying a reasonable price to have a hitch installed but might just go the DIY route if it's as straightforward as people say. I will pay for installation of the electrical as a I want to be ready to act if a good deal comes along.

Mobile Hitch if you are in Vancouver is a good place to call.
He has installed a few hitches and fixed electrical for me for always fair prices.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've decided to just use a bumper ball for now which should be more than sufficient to at least get a new purchase home safely. I'll look at a proper hitch after I acquire the boat & trailer.

I dont mind paying a reasonable price to have a hitch installed but might just go the DIY route if it's as straightforward as people say. I will pay for installation of the electrical as a I want to be ready to act if a good deal comes along.

Your Toyota manual should tell you the weight rating for your bumper,seems like a light load, Can tire or Napa may have a plug in for electrical if not Toyota? Still need somewhere to hook safety chains.

Back