Good clutch shop Victoria area?

Irishwolf

Crew Member
Looking for shop recommendations for a clutch/flywheel replacement on a 2008 Ford Ranger 4.0L 4x4 with 180k. It will be the first replacement.
I've phoned around a few places and I'm getting quotes in the 1500-2000$ range all in. This seems way high to me. Parts look to be 3-500 depending on brand. Time should be about 5 hours, by my research. Shop labour is anywhere from 90 to 130/hour. So even if I take the high side on both parts and labour, that puts me at around $1300 all in. +/- a 100 for shop supplies and incidentals.

Does that sound about right to anyone in the know or am I completely out in left field?

Happy to pay for a decent job, just feel this is entering ripped off territory.

Thank in advance

You’d have to include machining the flywheel and time to drop off and pickup, if they don’t do it in house. Maybe replacing pilot bearing?

I had a 2002 Ranger with the exact engine and 4x4 done 4 years ago $1500 was my price. That was the going price back then

When I first read the title I thought you were going to tell us a story of a shop in Victoria that really came through for you in the clutch.

"Man, that was one CLUTCH shop!"

Back