Gonzales and Ten Mile Point

John Ingram

I have made 7 trips to the shore line this month to see if I can nab one of those MSF fishes.
No luck so far. 4 trips to Gonzales point and 3 trips to Ten Mile Point..... Terrible low tides
and WAY to many sea lions. I was counting them as they went by. Average was 12 to 14 in
a 2-3 hour span. Today at Gonzales I counted 37 swim by me in the same 3 hours.
Maybe a bit better in a week or so when the tides are better.

Thanks for the information. I walked Esquimalt lagoon to Albert Head earlier today. Only saw one 🦭 and Crabbers hard at it. Was wondering about 10 mile for shore fishing.
Planning to take the new boat out off Fleming Beach tomorrow.

I have made 7 trips to the shore line this month to see if I can nab one of those MSF fishes.
No luck so far. 4 trips to Gonzales point and 3 trips to Ten Mile Point..... Terrible low tides
and WAY to many sea lions. I was counting them as they went by. Average was 12 to 14 in
a 2-3 hour span. Today at Gonzales I counted 37 swim by me in the same 3 hours.
Maybe a bit better in a week or so when the tides are better.
I figure august / sept is the best shore fishing for those areas. July could be good if it’s open

I figure august / sept is the best shore fishing for those areas. July could be good if it’s open
I totally agree with you concerning Aug./Sept. Just hoping I luck into one in the month of May

I totally agree with you concerning Aug./Sept. Just hoping I luck into one in the month of May

Best of luck

Never know, my thought is most of the fish are beyond shore range in May. How ever someone once told me “ Very few fish have ever been caught sitting at home “

Best of luck

Never know, my thought is most of the fish are beyond shore range in May. How ever someone once told me “ Very few fish have ever been caught sitting at home “
I trolled past the breakwater Friday morning marking fish at the 80' contour on the bottom, well past casting distance. Too bad it's within the drone restriction area of the harbor airport.
After watching some YouTube videos I'm surprised shore folks haven't started using them. Less cost than a boat, motor and trailer. You can launch them anywhere.

I trolled past the breakwater Friday morning marking fish at the 80' contour on the bottom, well past casting distance. Too bad it's within the drone restriction area of the harbor airport.
After watching some YouTube videos I'm surprised shore folks haven't started using them. Less cost than a boat, motor and trailer. You can launch them anywhere.
The number of drones that go for a swim are mind boggling just ask my wife :(

The number of drones that go for a swim are mind boggling just ask my wife :(
I was thinking of one of these RC boats

Best of luck

I have keep all my licences for aprox. 40 years . I went through them and marked all of the salmon I have caught from
shore into month and dates. I have caught 5 in May from shore. Best month was always July and August

Attachments

• fish caught 40 years.jpg
    fish caught 40 years.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 33
Back