Glow or uv herring aid flasher and teaser heads?

Fishtank

What have you guys been having more success with? Went to buy a matching set and was surprised to find out they didn't have the same solid colors like the spoons in the flashers and teaser heads. Thanks in advance
Ps i don't fish any deeper than 70ft ussally so I'm assuming i should go with uv

No Bananas and the green splatterback teaser heads have worked well for mein that depths

Purple haze uv flasher with herring purple uv teaser head one side glow green flasher with Chrome green anchovy teaser head on the other.

The roll on your bait and having the right size for the area and time of year is way more important in my opinion.

That being said, the correct teaser head/flasher colour depends greatly on time of year, water colour, depth and lighting conditions (i.e. glow first thing in the AM and last thing in the PM even when fishing shallow).

For example, clear water early season shallow a purple haze head and flasher (or purple onion) would be a good choice.

For right now off the mouth of the Fraser, I'd be going chartreuse glow splatter back head and a salty dawg or double glow chartreuse (glow tape on both sides) flasher.

My question was to buy the glow herring aid teaser head/ flasher combo or the uv one, but thanks guys

Both are good options. Even when I fish under 100' with flashers and bait I run my deep rod glow flasher and shallow rod UV flasher (I rarely stack). Then if either setup is out fishing the other I switch to the hot one. So I guess my advice would be to buy both setups lol! Just don't do it on the joint CC.

Reactions: NAD
Id hang on until your local shop gets the chartreuse blade glow one in. I usually dont get to fussed over the latest and greatest....but that ones pretty sweet.

What's a teaser head??? Haha First year every only running flasher and then new skinny G, in all new colours. They work but are so dam cheaply built. Must admit have not used one in herring aid yet, store was sold out other day.

HM

Highly likely the fish will hear the flasher before they see it. Back in the day flashers had either a red or green or clear border with a silver center & heads were red/green/clear. Dave Murphy started painting his own clear heads & all the colored heads from RD followed. His Dad was a tackle rep.

I do like the newer stuff & for bait would choose UV over glow. With a few exceptions if you NEED flashers and/or bait you are hard-up for fish. Not a bad thing in all cases; guides need to hook mass quantities to get their customers but the rest of us need to learn how to fish IMO.

I do like the newer stuff & for bait would choose UV over glow. With a few exceptions if you NEED flashers and/or bait you are hard-up for fish. Not a bad thing in all cases; guides need to hook mass quantities to get their customers but the rest of us need to learn how to fish IMO.

So true. Same could be said for power down riggers, stacked lines etc. Some sports boats out there are starting to resemble commercial trollers, but with more technology. Kudo's to those that light troll, mooch, jig and cast successfully.

Highly likely the fish will hear the flasher before they see it. Back in the day flashers had either a red or green or clear border with a silver center & heads were red/green/clear. Dave Murphy started painting his own clear heads & all the colored heads from RD followed. His Dad was a tackle rep.

Pretty good point, I suspect flasher design and accessories (light bulb, e-chip, etc) are way more important than color. I personally really like the break-away flashers, and lose fewer fish on them, but they don't have enough kick to whip a fly/hoochie. Sorry, off point from the OP's topic, but my .02,

fb

Back