Glasply Side Panels and other projects!

RogersonCrusoe

Hey all,

My birthday was the end of March. I always take the week off to de-winterize the boat, tie new leaders and drink way too much whiskey. All leading up to birthday-fishing.

This year, I knew I had to replace the side bulkheads as they were made of cabinet plywood and were beyond rotten. Thought I'd share a few of the pics with you to hopefully lend some inspiration.

I chose Dolphin Grey 1/4" Starboard XL. Industrial Plastic had two full sheets, which were shortly into the back of the truck and off to planning I went! It's a bit flexible when installed, but I added some supports in a few places. Hatches were bought on Amazon. I wanted to get more, but now the world is sold out of them :(

Paint is the FlexSeal Liquid Rubber. Easy to put on and super tough. However, my lesson is that you have to use really rough sand paper on smooth surfaces, otherwise it won't scratches off too easily (have to repaint the motor cover)

Of course one doesn't simply just do one project at a time. So I added to my to-do list:
- Paint engine cover (made of the same plywood, but in better shape)
- Paint the cabinet top
- lower the kicker bracket by 1.5" to reduce cavitation (cut existing bracket down)
- Paint windshield wiper motors
- Rewire DRs and Remount plates with no plywood.
- Mount the bait table (yes, kicker can still be reached and tilted)

Weirdly, my motivation to get her finished and in the water is decreased slightly... must be the new restrictions :p

Anyway, here are a few photos. Ask any questions! I suck at taking "before" photos as I like to dive right into the project...

Attachments

• Before (ish).png
    Before (ish).png
    2 MB · Views: 99
  • Bait Table.png
    Bait Table.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
  • Before (ish).png
    Before (ish).png
    2 MB · Views: 80
  • Cabinet Painting.png
    Cabinet Painting.png