Get Out and VOTE!

IronNoggin

No Excuses!

Voting is available from NOW to the 9th of May!

http://elections.bc.ca/2017-general-election/district-electoral-offices/

I don't give a rat's behind Who you vote for so much... (OK, maybe I do a little...) but do it dammit!!

Headed offshore on the weekend, and gone right through the election myself.
Voted TODAY!!!
icon_cool.gif

Cheers,
Nog

Here, here! Vote early and often Lol!

Last election it was estimated about 96% of eligible voters were registered in BC however only 55% voted. We can do better!

For the first time in over 45 years I find myself in a position where I may not vote at all-tell me friends who does a person vote for when....

1-the best thing anyone can say about the incumbent is that he has a narcissistic personality disorder and the track record of a chronic loser

2-the main challenger has a mental illness

3-the other challenger is shallow almost beyond belief/seems to have no idea what politics is about

For the first time in over 45 years I find myself in a position where I may not vote at all-tell me friends who does a person vote for when....

1-the best thing anyone can say about the incumbent is that he has a narcissistic personality disorder and the track record of a chronic loser

2-the main challenger has a mental illness

3-the other challenger is shallow almost beyond belief/seems to have no idea what politics is about
Pretty sad that the current choices are so lame. I guess the only option in that case is to vote for the party vs its representative. Most MLA's are told what to think by their party Whip anyway,which in most cases is unfortunate. Maybe in the scenario you describe though not its not a bad thing.

“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

I follow some twitter accounts and find them to be very useful in keeping up with whats happening here in BC. I ran across this today that gives evidence that paid for bots on Twitter are trying to influence our election.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-jon-mccomb-show/how-bots-can-influence-social-chatter
Mentionmapp’s research of a Twitter Bot network connected to the hashtag #bcpoli shows bots masquerading as real people to amplify political messages. They've published two case studies looking at the issue

Guest: John Gray - John F. Gray Co-founder of Mentionmapp Analytics (maps the flow of information and misinformation on Twitter)

“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain
Sounds good, but changing one soiled diaper for another, still leaves the baby in a soiled diaper. Lol.

Worked in mining, this government has punished small players over small issues and shut down small operations. Yet, mount Polley re-opens as its a major lobbyist...biggest disaster in history and ruined pristine fish habitat. I wish bad karma on those who vote for her.

**bad fish karma!

People got out and voted, but unfortunately it didn't decide much, BC will be doing it all over again in the next year or so. Should have just elected the NDP for their every 15-20 year stint in government, let them wreak their havoc on the economy and budget in good times, and in 2021 banish them for another 15-20 years with a new leader of the center-right coalition to return BC to prosperity. Its worked well for decades, seems a shame to mess it up with a useless minority for a year or two at most.

Pretty sad turnout really. I guess though, that almost half the population has given up their right to complain? Bet it won't be any quieter though lol.

Back