Gabriolla Salmon Derby - Fathers Day?

Angelina_Summer

Is this still an annual thing? I'm planning a camping trip that week on Gabriolla with my family and plan to finish with the week by winning the derby, but I can't find any info on the exact date, only info on past derby's. I'm not going to commit to renting a cabin until I can find some definate dates for this event.

Thanks John! I just booked a cabin for a few days at Pages so I can get an early start. Looking forward to this one!

Nice spot to stay. Gloria and Ken are good hosts. Look for me on the dock 25ft Trophy white and blue "Bad Attitude" I am taking first place but will leave the rest to you. lol

Is there anyway for us mainlanders to buy tickets?

Tickets available at Gone Fishin and Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo plus Parksville Pacific Net & Twine and Silva Bay Marina on Gabriola and Page's Marina.
I would call one of these guys

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to buy some when I reserved the cabin but Ken wasn't sure if I could on my credit card. I think it might be cash only which kinda makes it hard for us on the mainland. I'm likely going to be out there again before Mid June, I'll see if I can get a few to distribute to the guys and girls over here.

If anyone wants to send me a money order for $25.00 per ticket I will pick them up and send them to you or hold for pick up at Pages. PM me for my address and phone number

Just picked up my entry at gone fishing, they were out of hard copy tickets but i was given a receipt , i am told someone from Silva bay will be picking up the duplicate receipt.., hope it all works out, happy to be taking part in the derby this year with a great cause and some amazing prizes .. Best of luck to all the SFBC members..See you out there :cool:

Confirmed my reservation and have my 2 tickets. Looks like the weather is going to be great and the wind is only a little cranky. Good luck everyone, but my daughter has already claimed that she'll catch the biggest one.

can some elaborate on the boundries a little more, i understand the north boundry icarus drive but what about to the south is it pollier pass?

All fish must be caught within the boundaries.Icarus,Neck Point,The Fingers, Entrance Island, Thrasher and Porlier an up to 3 miles off shore Gabriola/Nanaimo are in bounds.
Inside waters from Northumberland to Porlier are in bounds except for D.F.O. closed area.

Very excited for this weekend. Will be the first derby I have done on the east side of the island. And for a good cause. Boat is already launched and ready. Good luck out there everyone!

Time to get after them folks.. Best of luck to all SFBC memebers in their respected derbies this weekend going to be a BLAST!

not sure who it is, but when i left Silva bay at 7 pm the lead was 32 lbs..:)..my fish pulled like it was 32 lbs today..thought i had a monster..hah 10 lbs of very healthy chinook :p

Back