Fuel gauge not working

Live 2 fish

Ok so I’ve cleaned up the wiring on my boat and now the fuel gauge isn’t working. When I turn the ignition it goes from empty to half and settles there.
From the factory scout appears to use a wiring harnesss for all the accessories (lights, bilge, etc and...fuel gauge/sender wire.) when I added the Acr and fuse block I ended up cutting out the plug out and running new leads from each individual wire to its corresponding switch (replicating the wire colour/pattern).
From the switches I ran a wire to the respective terminal on newly installed fuse block. In doing so I had to splice on to add about 3 ‘ to the fuel gauge/sender wire to reach the dash. The ground goes directly from gauge to ground on fuse and then from the sender should terminate at the fuse block as well (previously it seems that all were grounded in to a single black wire back through plug/dash and back to batteries.

what do you think the issue is?

Ok so I’ve cleaned up the wiring on my boat and now the fuel gauge isn’t working. When I turn the ignition it goes from empty to half and settles there.
From the factory scout appears to use a wiring harnesss for all the accessories (lights, bilge, etc and...fuel gauge/sender wire.) when I added the Acr and fuse block I ended up cutting out the plug out and running new leads from each individual wire to its corresponding switch (replicating the wire colour/pattern).
From the switches I ran a wire to the respective terminal on newly installed fuse block. In doing so I had to splice on to add about 3 ‘ to the fuel gauge/sender wire to reach the dash. The ground goes directly from gauge to ground on fuse and then from the sender should terminate at the fuse block as well (previously it seems that all were grounded in to a single black wire back through plug/dash and back to batteries.

what do you think the issue is?
The tank itself is normally grounded as well if you didn’t mention that. A ohmmeter will tell if it’s the gauge or the sender.

The tank itself is normally grounded as well if you didn’t mention that. A ohmmeter will tell if it’s the gauge or the sender.
Typically, if you connect the pink wire to the black one (ground) on the sender and the gauge goes up to Full, it means that you don’t have a wiring issue and there’s either something wrong with the sender unit or the gauge. An ohmmeter can help with troubleshooting of the gauge.

That video answered it, don’t think the ground from sending unit is grounded together with ground from gauge. I’ll check that this morning.

Back