french creek/parksville

P

poachedsalmon

fishing was good this weekend. got 2 8lbs springs saturday,and (my birthday) sunday i got 11lb and 9lb all on green hochie.at 240FT depth on the scotty dr, in the water by 8:00am both days fishing got the fish before 10:00am no bites after that.stayed in the french creek cabins 2 nights.indoor pool,sauna, very nice view, and right on the water, two minute walk to the marina along the beach, eagles all over.$89.per night when you see seagulls all dive bombing and feasting out in the water are the springs up at the top of the water or at the bottom and the bait floats to the top or are they slashing them at the surface ?

240ft is pretty deep, I hope your scotties are electric!!! Nice to hear they are still around I'm going out on Monday.

yes electric scotty, but i only have one
gg.jpg
went out today for 4hrs no salmon, got 4 crabs...anyone getting springs in nanaimo lately ? foggy out

some nice fish hanging around the south end of Hornby....two fish in the mid twenties and saw several others around the same landed by boats around us....lost all prawn traps in Baynes sound to a log tow...took oout about forty floats and who knows how many traps...

Hey fish in the mid 20's at this time of year are nothing to complain about!!! I haven't seen anything over 16 since last fall in our area.

anyone know if you can catch halibut in nanaimo or parksville ?

Got his nice Chubby 17 lber off Sangster today on green white Coyote @ 125 ft plus a bucket of prawns
chubby_17lber.JPG

quote:Originally posted by poachedsalmon

anyone know if you can catch halibut in nanaimo or parksville ?
Not very likely. They get the odd one as far south as Campbell River but havent heard of a butt that far south in a really long time. Best bet is Barclay sound WCVI.

The odd one is being caught at Kitty Coleman.....

Went out this morning to drop the prawn traps off Mistaken. I could not believe how many sea lions were around. There must have been at least 100 of them in packs. There was tons of bait on the sounder, I wish I could have fished it but it was impossible. Went down to Gerald for a run at the top and nothing but what a beautiful morning.

Back