ECVI French Creek/Nanoose

I dont have any of those Kelly but I did buy a couple TKO spoons off Rob at PNT last year. They are Kripple K copys and I think they might work well too. I got a nice red spring 16lb yesterday with that squirt you left on my last boat a couple years ago and finally tried it so thanks man. BRS

I am launching out of French Creek on Sunday this weekend...I was told to head out to the 180-200ft mark and drop there and zig zag northwards along that depth....Anyone else with an idea for me if I only have around 4-5 hours that day to fish. Never fished the area and I am just looking for a few thoughts....Also any tips on what has been working this year would help as well. Thanks

Possibly running to Ballenas, Sangsters or Sisters would work as well....Just not sure if there is much out there at the moment....Also not sure how long it would take to run to these 3 places at 20 knots which is what my boat cruises at.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fish have been fairly deep. Green and white, Cop car, army truck. I have had some luck with an old 1 1/2 tom mack, bait is smaller this year but there is lots. Watch out for the Rock Sausages.

Fished up and down the 230-250 feet area at French Creek yesterday. There were about 6 other boats trolling. Caught two undersized springs and several dogfish. Fish were scattered about and didn't see any other nets out, so I assume it was slow for others as well. Tried several depths from 175 to 50 and in between. Beautiful, sunny and calm waters made up for the lack of fish.

Back