Free seminar and Q&A on collapse of Strait of Georgia Fisheries: Feb. 11th 5-7pm

If tincan posts the PSF video link but you still would like a full version copy on DVD, let me know- DVD movie, not a compressed digital file .

I have a few copies here now but no point in me distributing if you are all good with a link to tincan's PSF compressed web version.

Thx for recording this Peahead. It may be worth checking with PSF to see if they'd mind it being posted on YouTube, or even YouFish.tv. Then you don't have the expense of making a bunch of DVDs.

If tincan posts the PSF video link but you still would like a full version copy on DVD, let me know- DVD movie, not a compressed digital file .

I have a few copies here now but no point in me distributing if you are all good with a link to tincan's PSF compressed web version.

Yup I would like a copy... Your inbox is full.

GLG just pm me your mailing address and I will put one in the mail for ya.
Anyone else want a DVD just PM me and we can figure out how you can get it ...

My inbox should be ok now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Peahead I received my copy of the Seminar today and I must send out a big Thanks! It is a great video of the whole seminar. So much valuable info was given out at this presentation good to see. Just when you think you know alot something like this comes along and opens your eyes. Interesting things I learned is the relationship between the low Coho #s to the high Pink #s. Could it be too much competition for food out there? If so why are our hatcheries seem so eager to bump up Pink #s? Also the stats on Salidity in the water and its relationship to the recent big Coho year of 2013. So many factors. I could go on and on. Anyway anyone wants to watch this give me a shout its definatly worth watching. Thanks again Peahead for taping this and mailing it out much appreciated!

... Interesting things I learned is the relationship between the low Coho #s to the high Pink #s. Could it be too much competition for food out there?
I would expect that competition between coho and pinks for food would be lower than food competition between pinks and sockeye. However, I would expect that the larger coho smolts would definitely prey upon the smaller pink juvies. Seen that happen lots, especially around kelp beds. Less coho - more pinks. That's my expectation and suggestion, although I have not seen any data on this yet. Maybe the PSF has some data on this?

Peahead I received my copy of the Seminar today and I must send out a big Thanks! It is a great video of the whole seminar. So much valuable info was given out at this presentation good to see. Just when you think you know alot something like this comes along and opens your eyes. Interesting things I learned is the relationship between the low Coho #s to the high Pink #s. Could it be too much competition for food out there? If so why are our hatcheries seem so eager to bump up Pink #s? Also the stats on Salidity in the water and its relationship to the recent big Coho year of 2013. So many factors. I could go on and on. Anyway anyone wants to watch this give me a shout its definatly worth watching. Thanks again Peahead for taping this and mailing it out much appreciated!

You are welcome. Glad you enjoyed it !

Ya. Finally, funds from some portion of a tidal licence goes back to salmon.

Guys, I haven't forgot about posting this video but the person doing the editing work is away on holidays and didn't get it finished prior to that. When I get the final version I'll make sure to send out the link here.

Any updates on a link to view the video? I'm over in Victoria, and just stumbled upon this thread. I'd really like to give it a watch.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FINALLY, here is the video of the PSF presentation on the collapse of the fishery in the Strait and the project intent on restoring that fishery:

[F_ApX5twtSE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ApX5twtSE&list=UUb1DgitSa_86ylR5CZlFe1A

Back