Attachments

• FB_20160708_08_26_20_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20160708_08_26_20_Saved_Picture.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 117
Sorry....thought it was on picture

Effective immediately till july31 2016
FN 0624
FN 0626

At the end of the notice there is a DFO contact person. I suggest everyone phone her and ask her if the FNs are being shut down too. Or is one group sacrificing their catch to enhance another's based on the colour of our skin?

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

Barbara Mueller, Resource Manager (Fraser River) Delta, (604)666-2370.

One Canada

29-6, 7, 9 and 10.....effective immediately til July 31.

http://notices.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&DOC_ID=185796&ID=all

Also closed IN the tidal areas of the Fraser.

Not really all that surprised by this though. :rolleyes:

Pippen is bang on with this ....... No big deal really ......... Unless the FN are allowed, as they are the keepers of the land and sea. We should expect them closed also. Just fish outside these boundaries of 29-6,7,9,10. Let's see if they stand up to their word on KEEPERS OF THE LAND AND SEA.

One law for all, see YA out there

At the end of the notice there is a DFO contact person. I suggest everyone phone her and ask her if the FNs are being shut down too. Or is one group sacrificing their catch to enhance another's based on the colour of our skin?

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

Barbara Mueller, Resource Manager (Fraser River) Delta, (604)666-2370.

One Canada

So what did she have to say?

This is a pretty standard closure at this time of year. It's really not that unusual. I have been off the river mouth fishing more than once recently and I've just stayed out of the banana because I know it is often not opened until Aug 1st. So rather than going searching for some obscure fisheries notice online I just assume it is closed July till Aug 1st. This was pretty standard for many years in our area. Long time fishers of the area are used to the banana being closed. If they had expanded it beyond the banana that would be a different story. Then where would you be left to fish besides the harbour in close proximity to Vancouver. I can live with the banana closure, it has been in place many times for many years, and I've just gotten used to it.

Gawsh! There sure are a lot of silly sorts on this announcement! Racism is no good Bobba-boys! Clearly these sore types have never looked at a chart, or they would know that the majority of the Banana is full of SAND. So if you're takin' a lookie for some Chinookies, you'll have a hard time finding them in 29-10! Just keep your tub WEST of a line between Sandheads and Iona and you're fine in the big area 29! You can KABONG all the Chinooks you like!

Olay!

EK, maybe i got your intent wrong, sorry if i did, but racism also includes being "extra nice" to one race over every other.

These mumbly grumblies clearly haven't read S.35 of the constatwoshun. Once they put their peepers on the Supreme Law of Canada, they can read up on the case of Captain Sparrow and his extra long netty-net!

Jealousy and racism have no place on the water in the quest for more KABONGINGS!

Olay!

These mumbly grumblies clearly haven't read S.35 of the constatwoshun. Once they put their peepers on the Supreme Law of Canada, they can read up on the case of Captain Sparrow and his extra long netty-net!

Jealousy and racism have no place on the water in the quest for more KABONGINGS!

Olay!

Senior Kabong may have a funny way of saying things, but he is correct. Most intelligent persons would agree there's no justifying netting in our rivers. It is not a selective method of harvest, and endangers threatened stocks. However, the Supreme Court of Canada in their wisdom says indigenous people have that right. In a democracy we must respect the rule of law, whether we agree with it or not. Democracy is far from perfect, but the alternatives are far worse.

Yes, the law is an butt, but anarchy isn't all that great either.

Kabong,
It is interesting that you call others racists when you are poking fun at a race/nationality with your whole shtick.

Nevertheless, I harbour no ill will towards any race, religion, or nationality. All I am interested in seeing is a Canada where everyone is truly EQUAL. No special interest group should enjoy additional benefits over any citizen of Canada. For example, women can open "women only" fitness clubs, but men are not allowed to open their own exclusive clubs. That is inequality.

It is my sincere hope that one day we will not have First Nations groups or the Nation of Quebec, or special tax exemptions for various religions. Instead we will all be what we should be: Canadians. Each with a set of rights, freedoms, and privileges that come along with the honoured citizenship we hold in this great country.

Kabong,
It is interesting that you call others racists when you are poking fun at a race/nationality with your whole shtick.

Nevertheless, I harbour no ill will towards any race, religion, or nationality. All I am interested in seeing is a Canada where everyone is truly EQUAL. No special interest group should enjoy additional benefits over any citizen of Canada. For example, women can open "women only" fitness clubs, but men are not allowed to open their own exclusive clubs. That is inequality.

It is my sincere hope that one day we will not have First Nations groups or the Nation of Quebec, or special tax exemptions for various religions. Instead we will all be what we should be: Canadians. Each with a set of rights, freedoms, and privileges that come along with the honoured citizenship we hold in this great country.

I think the term 'equality' is over used as an ideal to strive for. It's too simplistic. I like the term 'fairness' instead. Fairness means people get 'what they need' and what one person needs differs from individual to individual and group to group. Probably a debate for another day though!

Garsh, now there's a knack.... A white horse being racist about white horses?! Have you never seen one of my Episodes?! I'm the hero of heroes, champion of the under dogs, EL KABONG!

You bobba boys need to crack the books and read some history. Georgie boy 3 in 1763 laid it all out for you. I'm not looking to be you school master. I'm just a master baiter looking for schools of chinookers to KABONG!

Edu-ma-kate yourselves on the topic, you'll see what a short end of the stick our Salish friends have had. It's nothing but ignorance, greed and racism that continues this horrible attitude towards our friends.

OLAY!

Back