Fraser River Chinook - Areas 19 and 20 Slot Limit

yammy5

Category(s):
RECREATIONAL - Salmon

Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada

Subject: FN0134-RECREATIONAL - Fraser River Chinook - Areas 19 and 20 - Recreational Management Actions

The Department is implementing measures to reduce fishery exploitation rates on
Fraser River Chinook stocks of concern in commercial, recreational and First
Nation fisheries. These Fraser chinook stocks begin returning through Victoria
area in March. Management measures for the recreational fishery in portions of
Areas 19 and 20 are outlined below. Sport Fishing Advisory Board (SFAB)
representatives have been consulted on these measures.

Effective immediately and until 23:59 hours Friday June 17, 2011, additional
recreational fishery restrictions on chinook salmon will be in effect in
Subareas 19-1 to 19-4 and Subarea 20-5(those waters near Victoria between
Cadboro Pt to Sheringham Pt.). During this time period and in this area the
daily limit is two (2) chinook salmon per day which may be wild or hatchery
marked between the size limit of 45 cm and 67 cm or hatchery marked only
chinook over 67 cm in length.

Consultations with the SFAB are ongoing.

Well, that's good. We all need to conserve our Chinook stocks at the most important time in thier life, that is, swimming into a driftnet in the Fraser.

I don't get it, how can DFO allow net fishing in the river while restricting in JDF ??

YEAH knew this was coming f$%K me why 19/20 all the time that ***** is really pissing me off I think all should attend the SFAB meeting on wed next week and tell DFO what a mess they are doing comple BS

The good news is all the chiefs will make a call to the members not to fish them. The bad news is none will listen and it will be business as usual. Just like last year. DFO will be busy looking for barbed hooks on the west coast of the island and will have no one available to watch the slaughter in the river. Strike that as I heard Mr. Magoo will be sent out to observe and protect the early timed Fraser Chinook

MagooAndDog.jpg

Attachments

• MagooAndDog.jpg
    MagooAndDog.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 126
So Nice We'll have to set up office @ Sheringham or Squidny is this not an area or areas that salmon travel to get to the Fraser or do fraser river fish just appear by magic only in areas 19 & 20 Dfo is dumbfounded as ever or they just like to **** us off bc #19 & #20 are the most fished areas.

Sammy didn't you know that these early timed fraser fish are magic they come in from the open ocean and once they hit the banks off uki they fly, hiding up in the clouds and by the time they get to sooke there tired so they fall from the sky and continue there journey in the water that is until they hit sidney where they take to the sky and don't hit the water againuntil they land in a drift net on the fraser. I thought this was common knowledge, so now you know.

1.gif

So thats what cracked my window last year

That's right Trev pigs fly & fish4all the slipper skipper gonna drop off a tote of Hali to the JDF derby party .No more spliff for DFO there losing touch with reality.

WHAT: Sport Fishing Advisory Board
Victoria and Area Local Committee Meeting

AREA: Victoria, Sooke, Oak Bay, Sidney, Brentwood Bay, Esquimalt,
Pedder Bay, Jordan River, Mill Bay and Southern Gulf Islands

WHEN: Wednesday March 9th, 2011 at 7:00 PM

WHERE: Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway Hotel
West Shore Ballroon
829 McCallum Road, Victoria BC
(250) 474-6063
Located in Langford, behind Costco - there's free parking

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas Cole, our Victoria Committee elected 2nd Seat and I would like to invite you to the upcoming the Victoria Area Sport Fishing Adviory Board committee meeting. This is our spring session that will provide guidance to our South Coast and Main Board panels.

Halibut fishing has now opened but a month late; a fact which has been contentious to many local anglers. Additionally, our winter/spring chinook fishery will again be affected by early timed Fraser chinook regulations any day now. We expect to hear from DFO at the meeting what their plans are for our important chinook fishery. Also we want to know when the 2011 halibut season will close and more details about the new experimental license, plus how DFO plan to enforce this new license.
Local anglers and the public are encouraged to attend this important sport fishing meeting. Come out and learn about the Sport Fishing Advisory Board process, how you can provide input to the development of fishing plans as well as voice your concerns about current fisheries management issues.
The two main issues for our agenda are Halibut and Early Timed Fraser Chinook. If there is anything else you wish to be added to the agenda please let me know. I will be sending out a meeting reminder with a more complete agenda in the near future.
Apologies for the late notice, DFO have been delayed in confirming the necessary size facilities for our meeting. I look forward to seeing you there,

Chris
C.Bos@shaw.ca

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys that attend keep an eye open for the DFO graphs that show the summer % of early timed Fraser fish that show up around Campbell River. Time to ask why do we get hammered so hard here in 19/20 and nothing up there and in the river. Talk about a fraud!!! Time to go to court...big time.

Back