Found Crab trap off De-Courcy Island

michael_reiber

Found a crab trap off De-Courcy island, looks like it got caught in probably a tugs prop or someone’s prop, as the line was cut (no float) just 20 feet of slack line floating on the surface.. if you think it’s yours message me some details on what kind of trap it is, and will gladly return to the right full owner.. doesn’t look like it’s been there for too long, but I just about ran it over and wanted to clear the hazard for other people.

Cheers!

Michael

Hmmm....doesn't have a regulatory
Required name and no...?

Hmmm....doesn't have a regulatory
Required name and no...?
What do you mean by that? The trap had clearly been caught in a boom or someone’s prop. The rope was cut and was just floating on the surface, the bouy it was once attached to (which probably had a name on it) was long gone

Guess you have a new trap now lol take it ...It is VERY important to please put your name on the floats and please use a proper float its mandatory actually , just last week I saw a trap that was barely floating off sooke bluffs in 200 ft of water guys name was on it . I brought it it unfortunately it was mangled (box trap) I texted him a message saying I found it and what he wanted me to do told him it was no good anymore . his reply was WOW he had set it the weekend prior in brentwood bay so it traveled that far in the current!!!!! and thanked me for letting him know. I see lots that are just floating.

Back