For Sale Kicker Tie Bar

seahorse

Crew Member
I have a near new 30 inch kicker tie bar with hardware for $80 OBO, this was $200 from Parker Marine just 2 years ago. I’m in Courtenay, this was a front mount setup when I used it.

Attachments

• BFFD114A-823A-4FD4-BC92-F239E2AD7A3A.jpeg
    BFFD114A-823A-4FD4-BC92-F239E2AD7A3A.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 85
I have a near new 30 inch kicker tie bar with hardware for $80 OBO, this was $200 from Parker Marine just 2 years ago. I’m in Courtenay, this was a front mount setup when I used it.
Is it a flexible bar? Could I leave it attached to my motors while trimming up and down? Thanks

I made this setup after years of connecting an EZ Steer to the motors. Leaning out behind the motors, 10 miles offshore, in an 8' swell and 3' chop was no fun (I couldn't tilt the kicker with it connected).

When I mounted my T9.9 w/power-tilt on a fixed bracket, it took some trial & error on the rod length & bend locations, but I don't ever need to disconnect the tie bar. I can tilt either/both motor(s) in any steering position without binding, and able to turn from hard over port to stbd.

For the test-fit, I used 1/4" redi-rod to get the correct bends. Final product is a 1/2" SS bar, threaded each end to match the SS heim joints (these were $xpensive). The kicker end mounts to the bottom of the included SS Yami bracket with the other end mounted under the F150's steering bar.

A buddy had a 1/4" tie bar permanently connected. Something jambed when he was fishing and he somehow managed to bend the bar in a pretzel, then he was scrooged (couldn't turn either motor).

I'll never go to any steering bar behind the motors again.

FD

Attachments

• TieBar.jpg
    TieBar.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 59
Back