For Sale: Hydrofoil Supported Catamaran 21 Foot

BigBoat

Crew Member
I purchased new and customized this boat in 2012. My intent was to tow it behind a larger boat and fish when moored. My first mate went off to college the boat went into storage and was never used. The only hours on the engines are the test hours when the engines were rigged (less than 5 hrs?). Test run was 43 mph. Everything is in showroom condition. On Friday I took the boat to Bayside Marine in Everett, WA to put in their showroom for more exposure. Thought as a forum member I would list it here since it is ready to fish. Great value if you can get it across the border. USD $42,000.

IMG_4556.jpgIMG_4550.jpgIMG_4535.jpgIMG_4546.jpgIMG_4544.jpg

I purchased new and customized this boat in 2012. My intent was to tow it behind a larger boat and fish when moored. My first mate went off to college the boat went into storage and was never used. The only hours on the engines are the test hours when the engines were rigged (less than 5 hrs?). Test run was 43 mph. Everything is in showroom condition. On Friday I took the boat to Bayside Marine in Everett, WA to put in their showroom for more exposure. Thought as a forum member I would list it here since it is ready to fish. Great value if you can get it across the border. USD $42,000.

View attachment 67344View attachment 67345View attachment 67346View attachment 67347View attachment 67348
Where or what is the hydrofoil component?

Where or what is the hydrofoil component?
A hydrofoil has structural components (fins) attached to the hull to provide lift much like the wings of an airplane only under the water. The lift enables a boat to ride higher in the water providing less resistance, better fuel economy, and better choppy water behavior. Many of the high speed ferries around the world are built as hydrofoil catamarans. The Victoria Clipper is a hydrofoil catamaran.

A hydrofoil has structural components (fins) attached to the hull to provide lift much like the wings of an airplane only under the water. The lift enables a boat to ride higher in the water providing less resistance, better fuel economy, and better choppy water behavior. Many of the high speed ferries around the world are built as hydrofoil catamarans. The Victoria Clipper is a hydrofoil catamaran.
With respect, I fully comprehend what a hydrofoil is. Where on this boat are there hydrofoil components?

With respect, I fully comprehend what a hydrofoil is. Where on this boat are there hydrofoil components?

The main foil is near the center with two supporting fins towards the back. You can see them in this shot. The trailer cross members confuse the image somewhat. The foils are stainless steel.

IMG_4553.jpg

That’s pretty cool. Do you have any pictures of it at speed ? Love to see how much lift you get out of it.

That’s pretty cool. Do you have any pictures of it at speed ? Love to see how much lift you get out of it.
Unfortunately my boat was only run when the engines were rigged and props were selected. The specs say the boat draws only 12 inches of water. I have only ever seen one video of this model in action. Hope this link works.

Whenever I watch videos of some of the remote lodges in BC and see the boats they have for their clients I think about how fun it would be to have this boat for the summer at one of these locations.

Unfortunately my boat was only run when the engines were rigged and props were selected. The specs say the boat draws only 12 inches of water. I have only ever seen one video of this model in action. Hope this link works.

Whenever I watch videos of some of the remote lodges in BC and see the boats they have for their clients I think about how fun it would be to have this boat for the summer at one of these locations.
Interesting article here about the history of this design.

Attachments

• Pacific Powerboat.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
Interesting. Never seen a cat with a foil between the hulls quite like that. Wonder how stable that would be in chop?

What outfit made the vessel?

I've seen the Corsair Foiler 22ft cat before, but this doesn't look like a match

The Corsair is actually a bigger boat. The pictures of the hydrofoil posted by Aquaholic above are from a Corsair. The center wing on my boat looks very much like the one on the Corsair when viewed from the same angle only not as thick and made from marine stainless. The Corsair does not appear to have the rear fins.

The outfit that made the vessel is M2 Motoryachts. They only ever made two models that I know of. One is a 60 ft hydrofoil cat that sold for several million dollars and the other is the 21 ft model I have.

If interested in more pictures and the equipment list check out www.baysidemarine.com. The engines have 3.8 hour on them.

Pretty interesting Would have been nice if the water wasn't so calm in that video, lol!

Cool looking boat though!

The Corsair is actually a bigger boat. The pictures of the hydrofoil posted by Aquaholic above are from a Corsair. The center wing on my boat looks very much like the one on the Corsair when viewed from the same angle only not as thick and made from marine stainless. The Corsair does not appear to have the rear fins.

The outfit that made the vessel is M2 Motoryachts. They only ever made two models that I know of. One is a 60 ft hydrofoil cat that sold for several million dollars and the other is the 21 ft model I have.

If interested in more pictures and the equipment list check out www.baysidemarine.com. The engines have 3.8 hour on them.
I got the pics for The Hull Truth on one of the threads about your boat.

View attachment 67344View attachment 67345View attachment 67346View attachment 67347View attachment 67348
never seen one so mint before. Ran a hull like this, very cool.

Back