For Sale 17' Arima Sea Ranger

burnsy22

Due to purchasing a larger arima I am selling my 17 foot sea ranger. The boat is a 1986 with twin 1998 four stroke 50 hp yamahas (new plugs this year, new impellors, oils changed every 100 hours). The motors have just over 415 hours each

A new top was added with slope back piece in 2006( i had the canvas customized as well this past year), also it is sitting on a 2006 higliner trailer with surge brakes and flush out kit. New hydraulic steering and a new fuel tank (27 gallons) were also added in 2006.

Since I purchased the boat I painted the interior added all new seating,(in the pictures it does not show the new front thicker seats I recently added from Tempress) with the back two seats being removeable. but having loads on storage with two fibreglass storage boxes. The cuddy is 6 and a half feet deep and comes with a porta potty. I can lay head to toe in it and i am 6'4.

I also added a marine mp3 deck with marine speakers. Included is a 5" eagle colour sounder/gps combo with navionics chip. And vhf radio.

Included is a pair of scotty electric downriggers with power pro braided line, but will reduce the price by $600 if you don't want to keep them as that is roughly the going rate for used scotty's.

The boat is fishy as well just so you know. Arima's are built for fishing and have incredible stability 8 foot beam. Other than a few cosmetic discolourations this hull is good for another 26 years and the motors run like a top and are great on fuel and work very well for trolling, just shut one off and off ya go.

I am in Nanaimo, shoot me a private message if interested or have any questions. I am asking $13500 and $12900 without the downriggers.

Here is the listing on Craigslist
http://nanaimo.en.craigslist.ca/boa/3249317408.html

IMG_3897.jpg

DSCN1157.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2058.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Sylvan....Also wanted to mention that if there was someone interested and they would prefer to have the driver side with just a pedistal seat for more deck room I could remove the box and put a pedistal seat in from my new arima.

How long have you owned the boat.? What is your overall opinion of this boat and hull? I like the fact you can fit a cuddy into a boat this small, yet still maintain a fairly decent fishing platform at the back. I am interested btw....the two motors aka two maintenance thing kind of vexes me a bit. thoughts or input would be appreciated sfbc members.

How long have you owned the boat.? What is your overall opinion of this boat and hull? I like the fact you can fit a cuddy into a boat this small, yet still maintain a fairly decent fishing platform at the back. I am interested btw....the two motors aka two maintenance thing kind of vexes me a bit. thoughts or input would be appreciated sfbc members.

If you have a kicker that you use a lot, like most of us who fish, you're maintaining two motors anyway. BOAT=BringOverAnotherThousand!

I don't use my kicker a lot, as I mainly troll off my main power( 90hp Yamaha 4 stroke) which is a tad fast for a 16.5 campion explorer, but point taken nonetheless saxe.

Money.... wish I had it... Ill take my boat though (yours is too small).

12,9.... that will make somebody happy for a lot of years.

Good deal for that set up.

the dual 50's are on the 17 foot sea ranger i am selling...The 150 is on the 19 foot sea chaser i just bought.

Back