Fishmaster 16

Striker

Does anyone have any info on this make of boat? I understand that it's a BC builder but I can't find any info on it. I'm looking to buy one but would like to do some research first.

Thanks

IMG_0151.jpg

it was made in Burnaby, BC. Havn't seen one for 15 years. Lowes marina in pender harbour had one to rent out. I used it a few times. It seemed ok but never really heard much about durability.

Thanks for the quick reply.
The boat has no tags, so I am trying to find out he max Hp rating and whatever else I can find out.

I knew a guy who had a 16 ft Obie and had a 60 hp Yamaha two stroke on it. I would think a 75 hp would around the max. They had a cahedral hull somewhat like a whaler take off but without the closed cell foam. From what I saw fairly well made; however, not a lot of freeboard. A pretty good in-shore boat but would pound in chop.

Here is a picture of the hull. Is this a Cathedral Hull? How will this boat do in the Vancouver Salt water area?

Thanks for your advise.

hull.jpg

I would say this hull has the classic whaler shape tri/cathedral hull shape - seems a little shallower possibly. For info on whalers, their hull shape and characterstics check out continuouswave website. Like small classic shaped whalers, I would think this boat would be stable for it's size, pounds in a heading sea and it easy to control in a following sea (no tendency to bow steer or plow into a following sea). I don't know the water conditions around Vancouver, but wouldn't take the boat off shore. If you stay inshore on good weather days, have reliable power, have safety gear including VHF and know how to use it, I think it would be OK. Get to know the boat and how it handles in various conditions. Keep your speed down in chop as it will likely toss you around a bit and wear the kill switch lanyard.

http://continuouswave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/011540.html

Not sure but i think that is the same baot that IronNoggin has and i know he really likes his.
Maybe fire an email off to him for further info.
I know he just headed offshore for some work so you may not get a reply right away but knowing Nog he will reply with any info. you ask.

That boat would be great for the local salt if you pick your days like anyone else should.

Thank's for the reply's and info.

I've put in a offer on a whaler, but if that falls through, I'll be buying this boat.

where do you plan on fishing though? I don't think a boat like that is suitable for anything but the east coast - even alberni inlet gets ugly in the afternoon.

I fish out of Vancouver. So mainly anywhere between howe sound and the mouth of the Fraser.

quote:Originally posted by Poe

quote:Originally posted by Striker

Thank's for the reply's and info.

I've put in a offer on a whaler, but if that falls through, I'll be buying this boat.

I have a whaler for sale, maybe it would interest you?
http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8389

Yours is a beautiful looking boat. I have made a deal with the other whaler owner though. It was a great deal for what I'm getting.

78506286912_0_BG.jpg

Back