Fishing Reports

That reminds me of a story from about 15 years ago at the Bar in Seyward. My Brother and I were up that way with our boat and stopped in for a few Bevy's and chatted with some locals. We were asking were to go to catch the salmon, how deep, etc. They were very forthcoming with information and the conversation was going well. Then I asked them where do you go to catch Halibut and they replied thats where the story ends. I said what do you mean? He said well if you think we are going to tell you where our Halibut Hole is your nuts.

guess again TW...anytime your up for a little 1 on 1...were all buds! but fishing is fishing, u know that!.....cheers

competitive sport? my guess is sb never played any real sports...fishing is a peer thing, a group of like minded slayers, i thought we were all buds out there!!!

And one other thing, as a lot of members on here already know. Most guides are not bad scary people, stop by and say hello, email me for a current report if your coming this way and need info. I point people in the right direction all the time, and tell them what to use. I've even taken the leader off of my flasher at the end of the day, or tossed a hoothchie to complete stranger. I love to see other people having fun, and catching fish too.

Good way to roll Bod...Have been doing the same thing for years...I've been unable to post much for reports but always ready to help people on the dock, on the phone and in our shop.

there will always be people who are critical of your posts, but for the most part , people are are here to learn not only fishing report stats , but tips and tactics to take down the big one, i look forward to reading tips tricks and reports from the pro's, keep up the good work! forget about the negative, focus on the positive, for the most part we are all here for the love of sportfishing!

That reminds me of a story from about 15 years ago at the Bar in Seyward. My Brother and I were up that way with our boat and stopped in for a few Bevy's and chatted with some locals. We were asking were to go to catch the salmon, how deep, etc. They were very forthcoming with information and the conversation was going well. Then I asked them where do you go to catch Halibut and they replied thats where the story ends. I said what do you mean? He said well if you think we are going to tell you where our Halibut Hole is your nuts.
That doesn't really surprise me to much. I spent a lot of time fishing in Sayward as a young boy with my grandpa and a lot of the hot spots around the are small holes or underwater trenches that take a lot of plotting to discover. I remember one of these holes. It was a hole in the lee of an island, couldn't have been more than 200 yards long by half that wide and you had to bring your gear up once the depth started to rise or you'd lose it on the wall, but we would usually hit a fish every pass. Last thing a local guy would want is to go out for a hali run and find somebody anchored up in there spot that they told them about the night before at the bar. But late in the season my grandpa would fish of the mouth of the Salmon and do pretty well.

Back