fishing partners for wcvi from courtenay/comox

spring fever

I run a podded 24 skagit Orca about 12 times a year to Winter harbour/ cape Scott and Nootka. Trips are usually 3 nights-we sleep "on the Hook" . The boat sleeps 3 serious fishermen. My main fishing partner died in late 2008 and I have a short list of 3 guys but they have social obligations and cannot always go.I am looking for a retired guy in the comox/ courtenay area who has no seasick issues {OR CURABLE), compatible, able to slide a trip a day or so due to weather. You pay your share of expenses , we enjoy a drink but because we sleep on the hook we keep it down. No Natilie Woods. Expenses usually run 150 to 180 a trip depending on where I have to go to find fish. We usually get Prawns,crab, hali's and salmon. You wouldn't get every trip but would get worked into a rotation. Experience would be nice but you have to be a serious fisherman or it's not for you. Let's talk

Hi Mike, if memmory serves me correctly...... We had breadfast last year and to refreshen your memmory, I live very near to you (if you haven't sold). I would be interested in a trip with you to Winter Harbour as it is not a common destination for me. As you no doubt are aware, I have tons of gear and would have no problem sharing all expenses be it two or three on the trip. SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

That sounds good. We have sold and are on an acreage-still close to you- I finally got my boat house. Drop me an e-mail with all your particulars and we will get together again. Last year was extremly hectic for me-I squeezed in a few real productive trips both off-shore at Nootka and Winter Harbour particularly but house building and moving played havoc with the important stuff.

Hey Sping Fever

If you are looking for someone to fill a spot when in WH, let me know as I live in McNeill and can usually get a few days off (if the wife lets me[:p]:)).

Also if up that way, let me know as I am always looking for a buddy boat to fish WH for a day or two.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Sitka Spruce-sounds like we could work something out particularly with the buddy boat-i'll let you know when I'm going and you can tag along or we can meet up. I usually try and push up to Cape Scott area april May time for Hali's and Lings -if the fish Gods provide we have nailed what I call Columbia Springs on the Highway in that time frame. Timing seems to be everything. I'm sure somebody will tell me those Springs are not Columbia's but are from the Ganges-wherever the're from they are great fish. Send me your particulars-we always spend 3 nights at WH which gives us 2 full days..

Im' semi retired and do trips also I have a 24' Wellcraft sometimes Im itching for trips and dont have a partner seems there always busy when you wanna go if your stuck PM me Im off for most of July and all Aug this summer. I live in Comox.

kittyjuly1409055-1.jpg

If you're not one of the guys I've pissed off on this site, I'd love to go with you and I'm fully equipped (sounds eerie doesn't it. I live in White Rock and am retired and no home or family reponsiblities (how good is that). Until the end of May, I can be there on short notice.

Hey jay dee I don't get pissed off -the most I can own up to is being mildly amused.I would love you to come along but I have to say-don't think it would work for you-a trip may be planned based on a weather window off the coast but then the window closes or gets moved up a day and as the saying goes time and tide waits for no one-that's why I was looking for local guys who are flexible-nothing worse than sitting at anchor in pouring rain and highwinds-no chance of fishing cause you got the weather wrong-if you are over this way pm me -like to meet you.

Back