Fishing Okanagan Lake

If you are looking for burbot, try the old Hiram walker water plant and just south of rattlesnake island in the bay by the rock face.

Oh and the normal places such as the log booms.

X2 on the log booms (If they are there still?) and also off the rock face. we caught many along those rocks from squally pt( I think it is ? Again with my memory!) down in the bay.

It's funny, we trolled for 4 hours last week trolling for bows and when we went past the log booms there were 4-5 guys fishing. Not the safest thing but I digress. I looked at my buddy on the boat and said, 'Who in their right mind would stand out there all day staring at the water between the logs hoping to catch a fish?' And then I realized, 'Who in their right mind would sit in a boat staring at their rod tips all day?' No difference and they probably caught something, Probably a Burbot. Yummy.

Whitefish mostly. Take a fine #14 hook and wrap copper wire around it. Looks like the grubs that fall out of the trees. Whitefish gobble them up.

Okanagan lake can be pretty tough fishing, I think that south of the bridge in the peachland to Summerland area is better fishing for me. This time of year can get pretty slow but when the water warms up a bit the bows will turn back on. I caught my biggest rainbow on Okanagan lake in the summer right befor a thunder storm came in, it was crazy now stop hits the biggest was a 12lbs bow but there were some other nice fish in the the boat that day.

JAC

Thanks again for all the info.

During my stay in West Kelowna (May 16-June 18th) I'll probably be in need of someone to come along fishing with me.
If you're interested in going out fishing on OK lake send me your name and phone number to my Web site noted below and I'll most likely give you a call once I've got all my plans confirmed.

Back