Fishing for JELLYFISH???

B

Betty Boop

Received an e-mail today wanting to know if I was interested in catching JELLYFISH and packaging them up and sending them by Fedex marked SEAFOOD. He says that he is going to pay the shipping and pay me for my time. Anyone else hear about this? is it another scam?

As long as you dont have to transfer 20k into a Nigerian bank account I'd say you're good :D
I hear fishflyguy89 gets lots....maybe forward the E :p:D

Just a dumb question..........do you know "WHO" sent you the message and did you have to retrieve it from your "junk" mailbox?

Jellyfish are harvested for culinary and industrial uses. There has been some talk of harvesting off the BC coast, but I don't think it's actually happened yet. I'm not sure if we have the right kinds around here. But I did have seen jellyfish on menus at a few restaurants. Anyway, maybe it had something to do with this. Are you involved with the commercial fishing industry? Or the gross food industry?

what kind of jelly fish Ron???? kinda wrong time of year i think??? thats a weird reguest but had one about 10 yrs ago where the guy wanted to got get kelp we filled 4 garbage pails full and all I had to do was steer the boat they loaded it and hauled it out. Didnt even have to lift a finger.... LOL

Wolf

I have some Chinese friends who eat them. They buy them dried and reconstitute them. I tried them once and I have to say not much flavour and a little like eating rubber bands, very chewy.

I have some Chinese friends who eat them. They buy them dried and reconstitute them. I tried them once and I have to say not much flavour and a little like eating rubber bands, very chewy.

Sounds like a candidate for some serious garlic powder :cool:

Somebody help the jelly-fish if the DFO decides to "protect" or "maintain" them, that will surely be the begining of the end for them. LOL

It was a referal from GreaterVictoria.com
And his name is James Lui jameslui85@yahoo.ca
He is not pushing me to do buisness with him and he has even asked if I was still interested when I took my time replying to one of his e-mails. He is asking me to catch 20 of them and put em in a plastic bag with no air in it and then Fedex to him, and he will pay the shipping. And then discuss price per fish...Weird.
I am not going to do it, too busy with other things. Maybe some one else would like to contact him and see what develops. He sent me a bunch of pictures of different types of jellies that he is interested in, and I am sure that it is the ones that fill our waters in the summer months.

Back