fishin buddies

Took me years to find salty bastards crazy enough to fish as hard as me. They are well oiled fishing machines. Always professionals

bb4.jpg

derb3.jpg

Lunch doesnt even stop when we hit fish

087.jpg

My go-to fishing buddy..Gauge the chocolate lab! He never complains and gets excited with every catch. I'd post a pic if I knew how.

Satisfaction: 23' Aluminum Thunderjet with Ford 460 salmon fishing the Columbia River

quote:Originally posted by Satisfaction

My go-to fishing buddy..Gauge the chocolate lab! He never complains and gets excited with every catch. I'd post a pic if I knew how.

Satisfaction: 23' Aluminum Thunderjet with Ford 460 salmon fishing the Columbia River
Its always big big big with you yankies maybe thats why the Columbia River is so depleted of Salmon

Welcome to Sport Fishing B.C. Satisfaction, nice boat would love to have a fast,safe and comfortable boat to chase fish up and down the Cowichan ,Nitnat and the Fraser and its tribs,,,maybe Dinnertime would like to join you after he gets over his penis envy....:D

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

It's true in all aspects down there. The Americans do everything big!

Damn, you gotta see some of their toys. I'm not kidding they do everything big.

....may not always be the wisest thing in the world as alot of people down that way are really hurting with this recession and all but we Canadians are usually the first to take those things off your hands given the chance. Lord knows we can't get anything cool up here.

quote:Originally posted by HOOTEY

Welcome to Sport Fishing B.C. Satisfaction, nice boat would love to have a fast,safe and comfortable boat to chase fish up and down the Cowichan ,Nitnat and the Fraser and its tribs,,,maybe Dinnertime would like to join you after he gets over his penis envy....:D

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!
I don't think im the one suffering from penis envy i don't need no great big boat to fill adequete Maybe buddy can bring that thing up to the Stamp and roar around.

quote:Originally posted by HOOTEY

23 foot thunderjet would be perfect for the nitty and cowichan. Would get some thumbs up goin 50mph through the fly only zone:D

Sometimes I fish the mouth of the Cowlitz where it empties into the Columbia river in my little 40 year old 12' MirroCraft w/ 7.5 hp Johnson ugly as sin that I hand painted camo, sometimes in the shiney Thunderjet (with 3/4 hard top, raised stern fish deck & full rail, diamond plate everywhere etc.). The dog doesn't care. It is funny how it really affects some fishermen. Some stare slack jawed. Some hate me because of it. I think it says more about them than me. Once they see I know how to handle it well (usually by myself) and can catch fish, they usually lighten up. Of course some are friendly no matter what.

"Feel adequate"? I feel like King of the Water whenever I'm in most any boat. That's what makes them magic.

All boats are compromises. But with a family of 5 and a dog, it is nice to have some room, some safety and with an annual rainfall of 65" the comfortable cabin is nice. Now and then I fish the Columbia River Gorge for oversize sturgeon.... Dinnertime, ever take an 8 ft. standing wave? How about surfing 12 ft. swell rolling in from Swiftsure ... lifting and then passing you while the boat goes 32 mph? Ever cross the Columbia River Bar (graveyard of the Pacific) or cross the Strait of Juan De Fuca from Pt. Angeles to Victoria? Size has its practical advantages and disadvantages (need for bigger truck, 112 gallon gas tank, tandem trailer etc.).

With over 1 million salmon coming up the Columbia this year from March through October, most of them chinook, to say nothing of the steelhead, shad and sturgeon, one can't say its depleted. But it is big water and I'm very fortunate to be able to fish it so much. 11 salmon over 30 lbs. in five years.... it ain't all bad.

That said, my wife, daughter and I are likely heading back up to Vancouver Is. for a fishing vacation this June or July... Telegraph Cove maybe. Salt can be fun too.

CW

quote:Originally posted by Dinnertime

Its always big big big with you yankies maybe thats why the Columbia River is so depleted of Salmon

I read recently that over 500,000 steelhead returned to the Columbia last year [:0] They have a great hatchery program and not exactly depleted IMO. According to biologists the Columbia is the true epicentre of the steelhead's range and before colonization it was the most prolific steelhead river in the world. Still is if you consider hatchery production. The entire Skeena system gets about 30,000 (all wild mind you) on a good year so that puts it in perspective. The Fraser gets about 10,000. One for the Thompson, one for the Coquihalla, and 9,998 for the Vedder LOL! :D

quote:Originally posted by Dinnertime

It must be horrible going thru life so uninformed [:eek:)]. Most of the Salmon WE catch are heading for THE COLUMBIA. Maybe do some research before you start slagging people.

Yeah, completely annoying to slag without purposeful facts...we would have not much to catch but for the US bound fish. Thankfully we don't have to rely upon the Ministry of DO NOTHING (DFO and MELP) to ensure there is at least some hatchery production. Instead we use scientifically peer reviewed science to tell us when the last wild fish kicked the bucket and how that is better than to raise a few inferior hatchery fish...yup, I get it.

Searun

th_067.jpg

Back