fishfinder/depthsounder wanted

Raytheon L365

raytheon-l365-fish-finder.jpg

$175.00 Everthing u need included.

Check this company in Toronto out for prices. www.radioworld.ca

I paid 299.00 for an Eagle Seafinder 320DF in Nanaimo. They have it for listed for 249.00. Ouch!

I just bought a GPS from them, a Lowrance GlobalMap 5300c iGPS and paid 549.00 and because I bought the chart at the same time, 219.00 for the Navionic Gold BC chip. The closest I could find elsewhere was 630 for the GPS and 279.00 for the chart, a 140.00 difference.

They shipped Canada Post expedited and there was no shipping charge on my order, but I don't know how they determine that.

I think that place..www.radioworld.ca is way over priced!

found this online..
Global Map 5200C
Includes: LGC-3000 GPS Module, power cable & mt $ 499.00

SeaFinder 320DF Dual Frequency Fishfinder - Transom Mount Transducer

Free Shipping: orders over $25 (In stock) $ 199.00

Hurt me after I thought I found a good price on something!

Out of curiosity, and for the next time I need to purchase electronics, where did you find that price?

What it does tell us is that we need to be real careful where we purchase anything these days. I presume with the run up of the Canadian dollar, there are a lot of people trying to sell older stock at higher prices or that are trying to make a much higher profit.

Good example was the fish finder. Robert, you found a place that sells it for $100 less than what I paid for it in Nanaimo.

Amazon.com is where I found them, but that was basicly the first one I looked at. If your dilagent you might find an even better deal. I am curious as to why you went with seperate dephfinder and gps units though. Your into it now for over $1000. I'm curious why you didn't go with a combo fishfinder GPS? for example:

Lowrance LCX-27C Fish Finder/GPS $999.00
Lowrance-LCX-27C-gps-fishfinder.jpg

The reason I went with two units was basically that I didn't do all of my homework first. I might have gone with a single unit if I had.

I do have some hesitation to combining items. If one quits working or I'm not happy with it, I would have to replace both rather than the unit I was not unhappy with.

I am now paying the price of two units in trying to mount them in the boat. A single unit would be a lot easier to mount.

We get wiser after we make our mistakes.

That looks like the price for just the display unit. It says to add transducer and GPS antenna is +$300. But still its a good deal.

I'll take $145.00 meet ya half way.

quote:Originally posted by Robert Warren

That looks like the price for just the display unit. It says to add transducer and GPS antenna is +$300. But still its a good deal.

I'll take $145.00 meet ya half way.
robert it,s a deal. i,m in kelowna till next thurs nite so i can make it up on fri or sat. i,m just in duncan thanks again,redman

i recently (3weeks ago) bought the lms-527 df igps from west marine for $725 cdn.+tax, they were asking close to 900 for it, i told them i'd just go to blaine and get it for the 699 us and they gave it to me for 725. you should be able to get it for the us price or better now, just ask them, they have a couple of stores in vancouver, not sure about the island. http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SiteSearchView? dispName=Electronics&jspStoreDir=wm51&catalogId=10001&Nao=0&Ntt=Combo%20 Fishfinder/GPS&N=377%20710%201429&langId=-1&page=CategoryDisplayLevel1
&omniTag=Category:Combo%20Fishfinder/GPS&storeId=10001
cheers ferret

Back