Fishermen Helping Kids with Cancer HERRING SALE

the fog ducker

Fishermen Helping Kids With Cancer
SECOND ANNUAL HERRING SALE
All Proceeds to BC Children's Hospital
Saturday, November 24th, 2012 from 7:00am – 4:00pm
12740 (South End) Trites Road, Richmond, BC (for map click here)

A huge thanks to all of our 2011 volunteers, sponsors and donors who made the First Annual Herring Sale possible. With a powerful spirit of industry camaraderie and giving, the event more than doubled the goal amount of $25,000, raising $59,690.81 for BC Children's Hospital Oncology Department. To check out our fundraising page click here.

This year we are preparing for a one-day-only sale as detailed above and are calling on industry, family and friends once again for support.

Here are some ways you can help out:

VOLUNTEER!

SPREAD THE WORD:

o Poster Campaign: URGENT! Help needed to put up posters in the community in the coming weeks. Email Volunteer Coordinator Shelley Brown at fhkwcinfo@gmail.com with your name, phone number and area you would like to cover.

o Email Fan Out: Please forward this email to friends and relatives who may be interested, thanks!

o Facebook/Twitter: Like us on Facebook click here and follow us on Twitter @ FishermenHelpingKWC

HELP OUT AT THE EVENT:

o Jobs include: greeters, hospitality, ticket sales, bagging fish, wheelbarrow crew, traffic and crowd control, donations collection.

o Shifts: Morning 6:30am-11:30am and Afternoon 11:30am - 4:30pm

o Email Volunteer Coordinator Shelley Brown at fhkwcinfo@gmail.com

o Provide your name(s), telephone number(s), shift availability, and job preference

SPONSOR!
100% of all monies raised go to help kids with cancer because all the costs associated with this event are donated by generous sponsors from all parts of industry. Sponsors are acknowledged in our promotional materials, on Facebook and on our Children's Hospital fundraising page. To sponsor please contact Sponsor Coordinator Glenn Budden at buddenglenn@gmail.com with your name, contact info and amount of sponsorship.

DONATE!
45% of the 2011 funds raised came from generous donations made by fishing industry friends and family. To donate with acknowledgement or anonymously please click here to go to Children's Hospital’s Fishermen Helping Kids with Cancer Fundraising Page.

BUY HERRING!
A once a year opportunity to get beautiful, fresh Pacific Herring at an awesome price. 20 lbs for $10. Bring your 5 gallon pail if you have one!

We look forward to seeing you all for another fun and successful event!

Sincerely,

FISHERMEN HELPING KIDS WITH CANCER

Facebook - Visit us! click here
Children's Hospital FHKWC Fundraising Page click here
You Tube Video 2011 click here

Its that time of year already!? Geez this year cruised along!

I attended last years fundraiser and it was a great event. Friendly volunteers and folks doing what they can for a great cause. Last year this event took some heat on this forum, hopefully it will not draw the same negative attention from a few...

Those TUNA fisherman may find large bags of herring for cheap a good thing to have on board for next season....chum cha chum chummmmmm

Years ago they used to do it in Namaimo. My dad would buy a couple of buckets and pickle them.

Not mentioned, but they are also doing this tomorrow in Victoria, 27 Erie Street from 7am to 5pm - it will be $1/lb of herring (and they recommend to bring a 5 gal bucket).

Just got back from the sale. The don't measure precisely. I got 24lbs for 20 dollars and my fishing buddy got 23.5lbs for $20. now all the work begins. There was a lineup so I don't know how long it will last. Mixed sizes from Med to very large. Don't forget to take a 5 gal bucket.

I got 2 bags and also found mine to be medium and some large. Hope to use them this summer and convert them into something bigger. I was there at 10 am and there was a line for about 45 mins to get the tickets then it went pretty quick.

Back