Fish Opp's around Nanaimo...

R

RVP

...there has been some awesome fishing opportunities around Nanaimo lately [Gab = waterfall, canery, thrasher...with thrasher being a hot one at 30 to 40 ft. and chov's]. Salmon fishing within a five minute boat ride tonight on the Zego, and i was into 7 fish. A combo made up of a 10-12lbs chinook, 5 pinks and 1 flounder were caught and released, out of the seven fish - I killed two pinks for the BBQ this weekend. I'll marinade them and cedar plank them on Saturday night. Great prelude to the upcoming long weekend.

I was mainly fishing the fingers, pipers and neck...I spent a few minutes at brickyard, with no action - most of the action tonight was around piper's area trolling in the 70ft. depth range. I was trolling a hotspot/coyote combo using a 16oz slip sinker to get down.

There were lot's of boats out drift jigging...a couple of them had some success as well. There was one other boat who also had some good success trolling in the same area that I was working.

Cheers,
RVP. ;)

I got 4 pink and 1 rock cod 1 sole,well my boy did my side was dead lol.I was trolling a 5" watermellon spoon and slip weight with no flasher anywere from 50 pulls to 75 close to shore.

Back